Yacht-attacking orcas are just typical teenagers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/29/yacht-attacking-orcas-are-just-typical-teenagers.html

8 Likes

sitting over here envisioning whale playgrounds everywhere.

12 Likes

The whale kids are all right!

13 Likes

Florida!

It’s pretty much already tourist oriented, and you could set it up at Haulover Inlet!

Edit: Bother! The sharks have already set up shop at Haulover Inlet, so there might be some negotiations needed. :thinking:

10 Likes

Seems a bit far to travel for those Spaniards. Maybe build a European version outside Paris?

8 Likes

I can imagine a series of buoys with above-water hoops to jump through, and various other floating amusements sized for orcas, and mounted with webcams. In an area off-limits to boats of course. Maybe a speedy and easily replaced robot that they could chase through an obstacle course?

6 Likes

I wonder if they get grounded after?

“bob and jeff did it i was just watching them and, and, I even told them don’t tip the boat. but no they did it anyhow cus they wanted to impress sally parkson”

7 Likes

“what did i tell you about hanging out with those delinquent losers?! now, you go play with your little sister and leave those boat boys alone!”

8 Likes

I suspect scientists will at some point need to update their theory to include not just delinquent teenagers but also occassional senior whales doing it while high on puffer fish for old times sake.

11 Likes

So I should play that high pitched sound underwater that keeps teenagers from hanging out in front of convenience stores?

10 Likes

So they are basically the orca version of the guy that tried to bodyslam an orca?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.