Origami keyboard

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/29/origami-keyboard.html

4 Likes

It being Reddit, someone was soon along to inform the creator that his work was kirigami, not origami.

Knowing this you still chose to title the post as Origami Keyboard. That’s just willful ignorance.

9 Likes

And yes, I like the feeling of paper under my fingertips.

That’s nice.

6 Likes

Waiting for someone to post a 25 min ASMR video of typing on a paper keyboard. Slight sharp scraping noises…

4 Likes

Or real sloppy proofreading…

Don’t know which is worse.

Or trolling grammar/spelling Nazis.

3 Likes

Sigh. Someone has to be that guy… Might as well be me.

It’s not grammar or spelling. Origami ≠ kirigami. Origami is the art of folding a rectangular sheet of paper without making any cuts (some modern designs require some cutting but that’s cheating) while kirigami is explicitly cutting paper as “kiri” means cut and “kami” means paper.

If one really wanted to be a dick about it, it’s technically papercraft because kirigami doesn’t typically involve glue.

6 Likes

It’s @beschizza. It was trolling.

7 Likes

Naturally. Still waiting for a “I’m disappointed in BB/Rob” post

2 Likes

It says right there that it’s Keyrigami.

6 Likes

Harsh, dude! :smiley:

@beschizza is making paper keyrings, “Keyringami”, then? Japanese is easier than I imagined! :smiley:

4 Likes

I can get behind good wordplay/puns

4 Likes

I love the look of it and I would probably like the feel of paper under my fingertips. but I tend to hit keys hard (as helpful co workers have pointed out) so it probably wouldn’t work for me :weight_lifting_man:

3 Likes

There is now also a GitHub project
:wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.