Original songs that Blondie covered

[Permalink]

1 Like

I heard an interview where they discussed the origins of various songs, and they mentioned “The Tide Is High” was meant to be a Calypso tune like the original, but they just could not nail the style and didn’t feel very good about the recording. When it became a hit the record company was asking for more songs like “The Tide Is High,” which was really awkward because the style of the song had been a screw-up.

1 Like

#I HATE HEARINGTHE TIDE IS HIGH ON THE RADIO OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS THOUGH THERE ARE NO BETTER BLONDIE SONGS 

4 Likes

Tangentially related – I once spent quite a bit of mental energy trying to discern what Polyphonic Spree’s “Running Away” reminded me of. One night it hit me – Blondie’s “Dreaming”.

Well maybe now you can enjoy it from a more ironic perspective and get hipster points for knowing that story, although I had to wait several years before I could work that bit of trivia into a conversation.

Then there was the duet they never did with Jim Morrison…

Call me.

What’s your number? I’m in the phonebooth (it’s the one across the hall).

1 Like

At least it’s better than Rapture.

Atomic is where it’s at, though.

1 Like

Hush your mouth.

It’s the Blondie Anfield Rap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.