Oscar Mayer intros a hot dog ice cream sandwich to mock French's mustard ice cream

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/05/oscar-mayer-intros-a-hot-dog-i.html

“Well, doggy, ain’t that jus’ th’ darn’est thing. Whut will these city slickers come up with next?”

jed

1 Like

… but is it really a sandwich?

::internet commentariat black hole opens and swallows us all whole::

9 Likes

Italian mostarda is made with fruits, and it’ sour and sweet.

Mostarda di Cremona is made with caramelized fruits:
https://www.melburyandappleton.co.uk/italian-mustard-fruits-mostarda--di-frutta-cremona---380g-11804-p.asp

Put some of that on a sorbet, and will work great.

5 Likes

Are they doing this to mock French’s? Or are they simply participating in a form of corporate synergistic marketing, to get free marketing from bloggers posting about both ice cream concoctions, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, to eventually make more money?

6 Likes

Oscar Mayer intros a hot dog ice cream sandwich to participate in a form of corporate synergistic marketing with French’s, to get free marketing from bloggers posting about both ice cream concoctions, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, to eventually make more money

ftfy

8 Likes

Years ago, my wife, her brother and I sat around the kitchen table while a very loud ice cream maker machine churned out our latest recipe. The three of us chuckled about what the grossest flavor of real food could possibly be.

We came up with “Hotdog Raisin” and it’s been a family joke since then.

In my wildest dreams did I ever think that something like this could actually happen!

2 Likes

Stop pretending that corporate Twitter accounts are people.

1 Like

Mmmm… sausages* with raisins in them sounds kind of interesting.

*That’s bangers rather than wieners.

1 Like

Chicken ripple ice cream is etched into my brain, thank you Neil Diamond.

2 Likes

Are you sure you’re not conflating that with chutney?

1 Like

Here’s a question for either brand:

Do you plan on shoving as much corn syrup in either of these creations as you do your normal ones, which is why I will never buy them?

Stop shoving corn syrup into everything you slags

2 Likes

Mmmm. In a gravy drizzle sundae, no less!

1 Like

Windy Brow Farms of NJ offers a Taylor Ham (pork roll) and French Toast ice cream. I’ve eaten it and found it enjoyable.
I also have a memory of eating frozen hot dogs right out of the pack as a youth.

1 Like

“Do you want to try this?” Fuck NO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.