Oscar Meyer Wienermobile replica owner regrets purchase, selling it on Craigslist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/29/oscar-meyer-wienermobile-repli.html

3 Likes

Basic Instructions

Someone needs to start a GoFundMe to buy this and send it to Scott Meyer.

32 Likes

I am in the market for a new car for one of my teenagers. Daughter is headed to college this fall and my oldest son gets his license this July.

Now…how to decide which one will get this.

14 Likes

“Currently has 110,400 miles”

and you’re asking $7,000? Good luck!

8 Likes

Yes, but that thing is a total chick magnet.

CHICK. MAGNET.

20 Likes

Chick magnets, how do they work?

37 Likes

If the photos are accurate, this custom car’s exterior is in excellent condition. It would cost way more than $7,000 to fabricate a weinermobile from scratch. I don’t think the economics are 1:1 with regular used car sales.

15 Likes

Science cannot explain that.

12 Likes

The one you’re most concerned about having an unplanned pregnancy.

17 Likes

If one were so inclined - I’m guessing that’s a vaishingly small subset of used car buyers who are generally looking for inexpensive, reliable transportation.

I mean - you have to bring it into the sausage factory for servicing. And it’s bound to make most men feel somewhat insecure - chick magnetude not withstanding.

8 Likes

Only in fucking southern California can a car with over 100K miles look that fucking great. Fuck you, Southern California. *kicks road salt off 3yo car, entire undercarriage crumbles to dust*

JK, I don’t even have a car anymore, and am not, nor have I ever been in a position to own a new car.

15 Likes

If the sausage is rockin, don’t come knockin…

17 Likes

Clearly owned by a man who loved his weiner. I hear he polished it by hand every day, sometimes twice a day.

17 Likes

I’m afraid I’d get complaints from the HOA if I had that.

8 Likes

Hotdogs Of America? NO! They love this kinda…oh, never mind

18 Likes

that’s either

2 Likes

Well, if a lambo is compensating, I’m really not sure what this would be :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really have to find my Oscar Mayer Weinie-Whistle and, y’know, blow it:

13 Likes

Weinermobile owner: I don’t see what the problem is, I keep it parked in the garage.
HOA busybodies: Yes, but do you really have to keep backing it in and out of the garage faster and faster until the thing overheats and blows a radiator cap??

19 Likes

My buyer’s remorse has a first name…

33 Likes