Outgoing Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro flies to U.S. two days before successor's inauguration

Originally published at: Outgoing Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro flies to U.S. two days before successor's inauguration | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Is he going to Mar-a-Lago?

His son Eduardo was in Washington on January 6th.

21 Likes

“flies” or “flees”?

33 Likes

Flounces, too, I rather think.

25 Likes

‘While it is unclear when Bolsonaro plans to return, his trip to the US may break with Brazilian convention of outgoing leaders being present at their successors’ inauguration ceremony’

I seem to recall some other fascist-adjacent, thin-skinned, military-fetishising autocrat did the same quite recently. Can’t recall the name though…

26 Likes

Maybe he’s going to try to foment an attack on the US Capitol.

11 Likes

When Brazil sends its people, they’re not sending their best…

33 Likes

The original reports said he was leaving his wife behind, so yay for including her, I guess.

2 Likes

He’s had health issues and a assassination attempt, may be coming here for health issues do be dealt with privately, as ”strong men" don’t admit to human frailty.

5 Likes

Maybe he will re-write his history and return n for congress.

2 Likes

I think Mr. Trump has already forgotten him. He is spending this American season in a condo in Florida, surrounded by Brazilian expatriates.

Minion or Bolsominion is a pejorative term for Mr. Bolsonaro’s accolytes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.