Outraged Georgia election official to Trump and GOP on violent threats against election staff: 'This has to stop!'

Nothing will make these people acknowledge reality.

Absolutely nothing.

I will never let anyone forget what these inhuman creatures have done the last 4 years. Never.

I felt sick paying my first rent today after the election- my landlord lives right next to me and he’s still flying the Trump flag. The thought that my money is helping keep his family alive makes me physically sick.

11 Likes

'Trump inciting violence, says Georgia election official. A US state of Georgia election official has said President Donald Trump will bear responsibility for any violence that results from unsubstantiated election fraud claims he has stoked."

Thank you BBC for making it clear.

5 Likes

Want to help flip Ga. Senate delegation to Blue? You don’t have to drive there. Here are some remote events that you can take part in: https://www.mobilize.us/

1 Like

I was going to complain that maybe he isn’t a repub. Not all employees of conservative government agencies agree with or push the repub narrative of their elected/appointed bosses. But no. He is a repub and an asshole who has worked hard to disenfranchise everyone who isn’t white instead of doing his actual job.

9 Likes

The whole “signatures and envelopes” thing is bullshit. The reality is, people rarely sign things the same way twice, and the signature on file can be from a decade ago, as ones signature changes over times. If you were too strict about it, you literally could exempt most signatures - and that includes the ones you sign at the actual polls.

7 Likes

“Yeah, good luck with that!” said the victims of violence stemming from 45’s years of unsubstantiated claims that BIPOC intended to harm people and/or destroy America. This is the same person who takes no responsibility for lies and mismanagement of a pandemic that’s caused over 270 thousand deaths in the US (so far).

10 Likes

I’m sure that some of the dimmer bulbs do believe it, but I think assuming that genuine belief is the default is underestimating their intelligence- more likely most of them know it’s bullshit, but they’re morally bankrupt and will gladly lie, feigning righteous outrage to “own the libs”. They seem to take a trollish glee in pretending they have the moral high ground while engaging in very deliberate dishonesty and manipulation to get what they want.

4 Likes

Which is the point, and why you only see this shit in majority blue (and majority minority) districts. They know very well that the red districts would have the same issues, so they ignore them.

8 Likes

To be fair, for Republicans in Georgia, disenfranchising Black voters is their job, as far as they see it.

7 Likes

Stacey Abrams has something to say about that…

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.