Over 200 ex-GOP officials warn of "irreparable damage" to democracy if Trump wins in 2024

Originally published at: Over 200 ex-GOP officials warn of "irreparable damage" to democracy if Trump wins in 2024 - Boing Boing

6 Likes

well… better the bloody obvious finally dawn on folks just #@$! before the horrible happenstance rather than slightly after …? (-sigh-)

15 Likes

17 Likes

I think this is essentially the same group that wrote a similar letter last time around so it’s not like they only realized the danger now.

21 Likes

Unless I’ve jumped into a different timeline, there were no McCain or Romney administrations since they, you know, lost.

25 Likes

They set the table, so it’s only fair that they tell everyone else that a big platter of poop is under the cloche.

10 Likes

I feel like we’ve asked the GOP a few times to stop trying to destroy the country.

11 Likes

I appreciate them doing this, but not because I expect it to sway any measurable number of voters.

At this point, everyone knows exactly what Trump is and has at least a rough grasp of what a second Trump administration would mean for the country. The election will be decided by turnout, full stop.

But it’s important that they do it anyway, because we have a responsibility to fight tooth and nail against allowing our society to treat what Trump’s cabal is attempting as normal or acceptable. And because whatever happens, future generations should be able to look back to see that there were people of good conscience in both parties who stood against it.

I just wish there were a whole lot more folks in the Republican party willing to stand up and say it.

18 Likes

While I agree with the spirit of the letter, McCain and Romney administration? Is this a letter form a parallel timeline?

@Phil_FR

Coca Cola Soda GIF by Súper Akí

9 Likes

As if you fuckers haven’t been at it yourselves for decades.
No one living in the U.S. ever referred to it as ‘The Homeland’ before GWB came along… nothing Orewellian about that name, nosiree.
Not to mention all the scandals over the years… Democracy is just a goddamn piggy-bank for yourselves and your owners.

So, sure, help crush Lord Dampnut in the election, as you should.
After all, he’s your creation. You -as a party- could have stopped him long ago.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.