Overconfident gentleman shows how to inflate a large tire by igniting gasoline in it

My favorite axiom applies here: That turned out exactly the way it was suppose to.

1 Like

It’s not inflated when this is done right, a point visibly beyond the author as well. The point is to get the tire’s bead back on the rim of the wheel so that the tire is sealed and can then be pressurized.

2 Likes

You’re also probably in a country where, when the backhoe is down, work stops and you don’t get paid. Eating often takes priority over the first world issues that seem so important to you.

Perhaps he should retire and consider his future as a youtube guru?

2 Likes

Brazil, probably in the State of São Paulo, considering his accent. They have an universal healthcare system and even a 911 type of service, free of charge, even for foreigners. It is not the best health structure of this world, it has a lot of problems, but poor people can count on it. Of course, if you are far from the capitals, access to good hospitals could be tricky.

The sad part of this story is that the system is overloaded due to the pandemic and he would have to fight for an ICU bed with dozens of patients contaminated by covid.

3 Likes

Very cool when you know what you’re doing.

3 Likes

One way to be a friendly member of this planet is to avoid ranking another country’s medical and emergency services against your own country’s, unless you can, at the absolute minimum, identify the other country.

1 Like

Right. That’s what the post I replied to said.

Extremely satisfying to watch when done right

6 Likes

To be fair, the tire does not have a warning label that specifically says not to do this.

1 Like

40% of the time, it works EVERYTIME!!!

4 Likes

Anecdotally, I have lately been seeing articles like this on BB, Lifehacker (and their family of sites), etc., and I think to myself:

“Has no one seen Mythbusters? They tested this already!”

Then I remember that the show premiered in 2002 and went off the air in 2015 (16?), then I feel old.

That said: playing around with flammable liquids with: no face shields, gloves, or indeed safety gear of any kind? Bad idea always.

3 Likes

Hey man, that tractor’s warranty wasn’t gonna void itself. /s

1 Like

Additionally, the air nozzle isn’t “in the crack between the hub and the tire” (or at least it shouldn’t be, the video quality makes it hard to tell), it should be on the valve stem so as soon as the tire gets seated on the rim it can be inflated. If it were between the tire and rim then the air would just leak back out.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.