Why not pour gas into that gopher hole?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/21/why-not-pour-gas-into-that-gop.html

8 Likes

I’m all right. Don’t nobody worry 'bout me.

26 Likes

Approves:

[I like the dog in the kennel that’s startled by the noise, comes out to investigate, looks at the guy and turns back, no doubt thinking “oh, it’s that moron again.”]

42 Likes

Solved his gopher problem, didn’t he though…

27 Likes

This post needs a “hold my beer” tag.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

28 Likes

I think my adblockers think this is an ad. There’s just a blank spot.

12 Likes

His yard explodes.

12 Likes

I’m sorry. I do not see the problem. I will be doing this when I get home. For moles.

(NB: I am from small town. For amusement, we threw empty rattlecans into the town trashfire. On a possibly related note–who can remember?–I have had several head injuries.)

22 Likes

“Facebook user” yep, makes sense.

5 Likes

The power of petrol is real.

[This guy clearly did not blow many things up as a teen.]

17 Likes

This video needs sound.

11 Likes

He could have saved some time in blowing up his back yard if he made a little trail of gasoline from the hole to light.

But throwing matches also works.

26 Likes

Making his yard Great Again!

40 Likes

Something I learned a few years ago: You know when you lay a trail of gunpowder on the ground, it does not slowly burn towards towards the other end like in the movies. It is more of a FWUMP! as it flashes to the other end almost instantly.

44 Likes

Aw man… you spoiled it!

3 Likes

I was immediately reminded of this 1997 gem from uber-coder Jamie Zawinski,

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think “I know, I’ll use regular expressions.” Now they have two problems.

24 Likes

BOOM!

4 Likes

Except in this case he no longer has a gopher problem AND he no longer needs to mow anything.

13 Likes

It worked just fine. Got rid of the gophers and aerated the soil.

28 Likes

And doggos now have a playground. It’s a trifecta of ‘winning’!

16 Likes