Why not pour gas into that gopher hole?

No, it needs yakkity-sax.

6 Likes

It’s kind of nuts to think how powerful/dangerous gasoline is, and any jamoke can buy as much of it as they want at any time.

Years ago at a campground, there was a huge bonfire built for the evening by a bunch of young folks. Wanting the fire to be impressive, two enterprising and smart young gentleman climbed to the top of the pile of wood and dumped a couple of gallons of gasoline on it, letting it run down the pile and soak into the wood. Only a panicked dad running across the field screaming at them to stop before they lit the matches kept it from turning from an anxious story to a sad one.

19 Likes

I was thinking he was going to break a water line or something. Maybe in a few years he’ll see a crack in his foundation.

5 Likes

The ironic thing is that the guy has two beagles. While normally they hunt rabbits or foxes, I could see one of them shaking the shit out of a gopher.

11 Likes

I’ve been wondering about an easy way to remove my dead lawn, but I don’t have any gophers.

I know, I’ll fill the sprinklers with gasoline!

7 Likes

I want to see the next minute of video when the gophers come out and look around like what was that? That’d be funny. How much gas did this guy use?

12 Likes

26 Likes

It might have been safer to run a hose from a car’s exhaust pipe into the hole and only send already-burned gasoline to do the job.

13 Likes

Not necessarily… there’s no guarantee the gopher was within the affected area - they can range quite a bit. It indirectly solved the gopher problem insomuch as it’s accurate to say it solved his lawn problem - so now he doesn’t need to worry about gophers messing it up.

21 Likes

Could have been worse.

fillet%20o'boom

33 Likes

It’s incredibly easy to misinterpret the headline and original source-- it’s not gasoline, it’s a gas, usually propane from the house’s tank (if applicable) or acetylene if the guy knows a welder. It’s a thing and it’s intended specifically to go FUMP instead of FWOOOOOSH. I’m sure they both work to varying degrees but if it was gasoline, the guy’s yard would be extremely on fire. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

If ever we needed an argument against running a car off nuclear power…

9 Likes

I dunno…I’m still holding out for this, even though it’s late in our timeline.

19 Likes

Yeah, it’s got a HEMIspherical core of fissionable material on a hair trigger, liable to be set off by a stray saucepan or your Uncle Jerry with his parking-by-braille routine.

6 Likes

He could have just built a wall.

13 Likes

I was waiting for flames to shoot out from holes under the house. :smiling_imp:

Juiceroo!

Gives a new meaning to “Rasensprenger” (sorry, that pun only works in German)

5 Likes

Yeah, if you’re gonna use petroleum to start a bonfire, you gotta go with something less volatile than gasoline.

:fire: :fire_engine: :fire_extinguisher: :fire:

2 Likes

That sounds amazing. Please do this. Can I come over?

8 Likes