Why not pour gas into that gopher hole?

Good clean fun.

4 Likes

31 Likes

When I was younger, I watched (from a safe distance) as a neighbor decided to burn a trash pile of wood by pouring gasoline from his lawnmower can onto the pile. Then he realized that he needed some matches, so we waited while he went inside to retrieve some. By the time he tossed the match at the wood, the vaporized fumes from the gasoline had spread along the ground to about a 10 foot circle away from the pile. He was standing inside that circle when it went fwwoooosh! Luckily he only lost the hair on his legs, but it gave me a healthy respect for what gasoline can do.

15 Likes

This was in Florida, right?

1 Like

Seriously, Caddyshack should be required viewing in 'Murica.

Don’t be so sure.

Caddyshack%20Ending%20%5Boptimized%5D|nullxnull

12 Likes
7 Likes

Or pay attention to Department of Defense research…

I remember reading an article about testing thermobarics in tunnels, and how surprised the researchers were are how well the tunnels focused the blast waves.

Blowed up real good!

11 Likes

The Fates gave him two chances to reconsider his course of action and he was not to be deterred.

18 Likes

Me too, on Brave. It’s there on Safari.

1 Like

There was a gag years ago by a British comedian name of Jasper Carrott, centred around a problem with moles in his lawn, which involved sitting on a rotating stool, with a shotgun and a flashlight - this might have been a better solution.
Or possibly not…
Cherry bombs lobbed into the gopher holes might have worked as well.
Of course, there’s the time-honoured solution of dusting off and nuking from space…

1 Like

Well. . . if we did use fire. . . "

4 Likes

On Firefox, I have to temporarily disable tracking protection. (It’s the crossed-out shield in the address bar between the circled “i” and the green padlock.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw one of those. Except it was the dad doing the pouring and lighting/flicking short matches (why is it always matches?). When it finally went up you could actually see the blast sphere and a blue ring of flame shoot out a good 20 feet, wrapping around his ankles. Luckily, he already had his back turned.

2 Likes

So he wanted to explosively murder the groundhog that was… Messing up his 100sqft of grass? What an asshole.

2 Likes

And if someone twists their ankle in your yard because of the groundhog burrows you get sued. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Best not to own property and live safe from litigation underneath a bridge. (or in a van down by the river)

12 Likes

I love seeing him pause and stare at the remnants of his yard. Thank god the dog didn’t get hurt

5 Likes

Looks like it’s almost ready for flower and vegetable plantings.

4 Likes

The reaction time by the beagle on the left was impressive. Judging by the actions of his owner, I’m sure s/he has had the chance to hone this skill across the years…

2 Likes

I was waiting for a thousand gophers to come roaring out of the ground and bury him in a pile of writhing fur.

5 Likes