Why not pour gas into that gopher hole?

10 Likes

Gophers always have 2 entrances. Its quite possible they were not in the hole when he lit the match. They escaped out the other entrance as soon as the gas started down the hole.

4 Likes

BOOM!..
… “Honey! I shrunk the yard!”

2 Likes

Been there done that when I was 16 At my best friend’s house. After he poured the gas down the hole we did not see any critters coming up I cleverly suggested to maybe you light the gasoline and that will get the little critter out. no it just came out a different hole 8 ft away shot up the side of the house and caught part of the siding on fire and it was curling over the edge of the roof it was bad… Real bad
10ft wall of combusted gasoline trying to get it on with the siding and his mom’s 10 ft trellis.
(PS. His parents never found out) we were such clever idiots then

7 Likes
12 Likes

God, that makes me want to try this at home!

Just not my home…

6 Likes

I learned this lesson as a teenager playing around with black powder in my backyard scavenged from rocket engines

Somehow I convinced my family I was really into model rockets so I just kept buying cannon fuse and black powder scavenged from D size rocket engines and putting it in an old rusty gun barrel I found at my grandfather’s house burying it in the ground and shooting it like a cannon.

It really is kinda instant, but the boom and smoke cloud were awesome. Science ftw

3 Likes

The only painful thing in that movie was the acting

I had a beagle when I was a lad. No way he would have let gophers invade his space. The yard would have looked that way without explosives if necessary

7 Likes

Gophers? I say take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Why, whatever do you mean?

5 Likes

The new version of Safari makes the tradeoff explicit. I’m guessing that your AdBlocker, assumes, with good reason, that the answer is “Don’t Allow.”

5 Likes

I’m sure there would have been much beagle bugling “barooooos” as well.

2 Likes

It’s an ad for gasoline. Totally.

1 Like

What you really need for this is to mix oxygen in too. That’s what the Rodinator is for.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the intriguing thing about the video. How did he get the fuel/air ratio so perfect? Normally you would just expect burning.

1 Like

Correction: this footage is from Brazil, and that guy was trying to get hid of a anthill. Some things that can confirm that are the watermark from the security cam (intelbras is a national industry), the id of the camera “ATRAS” (Back, in portuguese) and the fact that we don’t have gophers here. But ants… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Filling the burrow from an unlit oxyacetylene torch would work like this, maybe even more dramatic.

2 Likes

Indeed. You could hear him for miles

1 Like
8 Likes