Own this massive Millennium Falcon bouncy house, or not

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/02/own-this-massive-millennium-fa.html

3 Likes

The temptation to NOT stake it down properly on a windy day would be very strong.

28 Likes

“You had a birthday in that thing? You’re braver than I thought!”

22 Likes

“She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid.”

(proceeds to bounce very much)

21 Likes

When this thing eventually needs to be patched, I hope the patches are mynock shaped.

14 Likes

Dang it, I can’t believe that I worked on a project that spent years of time and many millions of dollars to make a Millennium Falcon experience when this (clearly superior) design was an option all along!

12 Likes

But very apt. Get ready for takeoff.

5 Likes

as long as your dad doesnt force you to form a heavy metal band with your siblings you’re all right.

1 Like

I want to smuggle stuff inside of it .

4 Likes

Yes, but can it make the Kessel Run in 15 parsecs?

I am so beyond fed up with Star Wars saturation at this point, this barely got me to click through, but this little bit…

As the dad who was always in the bounce house with the kids, this would be very, very fun. I hope Chewie is full-size (he was like 7 feet tall or something). Watching all the little kids sock him in the furry bits would just be endlessly entertaining.

4 Likes

I’m sad, did your’s ever get built?

Yep. It opened to the public last summer and has had over 6 million riders since then. It’s pretty good, I guess, but it’s no bounce house.

9 Likes

Imagine the erotic cosplay possibilities.

Or not, as you prefer.

1 Like

You and me and countless others.

Nice phrase: “Star Wars Saturation” … about midway between a good name for a band, and a bad label in the DSM.

2 Likes

“I hope no one tries to stop us or blast us.”

(proceeds to bounce very much)

Also, it has ROOMS? I want this so much. That actually looks like an amazing price for such a large and detailed balloon.

I’d say not… although an explosive rupture could rocket it down the Elm Street Run in 2000 feet.

2 Likes

One good Mynock bite and that thing is toast.

2 Likes

“Oh, she’s a splendid girl. Wonderfully pneumatic. I’m surprised you haven’t had her.” (Henry Foster, in Brave New World)

1 Like

“We’ll pay you two thousand now, plus fifteen when we get to Alderaan.”

10 Likes