Own your own Dune stillsuit gloves

Yikes! I have had a high side while wearing these gloves and they performed admirably (no injuries) but every accident is so different it’s impossible to draw any conclusions from that. There are some nice scuffs on a couple of the titanium plates and rivets.

1 Like

Gloves are the most inadequate gear we ride with. In the future they will look back at us and see our gloves like we see leather helmets in Football back in the day.

1 Like

I think that rigidity of the plates is the problem here. They will withstand abrasion well, but will transfer most of impact energy to the hand instead of absorbing it.

It’s not because I don’t like the gloves, I like them for motorcyclists and everyday use.

It’s just that, well, make a film of one of the greatest, well thought out, sci-fi novels in history is the sort of thing I’d prefer to see talented artists applying their skills to. I hate them because they are recognizable, off the shelf, modern costume elements. I know, I know, Star Wars had a ton of military surplus worked into the costumes and weapons, so I’m a hypocrite - but I feel it worked there.

1 Like

Amazon = CHOAM. Seems appropriate.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.