Owner of new chickens comically stunned when they all freeze at once (video)

Originally published at: Owner of new chickens comically stunned when they all freeze at once (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Chickens are really good at “red light, green light.”

11 Likes

Somebody was paying attention during Squid Game.

7 Likes

Oh the problem is with the breed, these are frozen chickens.

17 Likes

better than

15 Likes

I’d guess they saw a predator. Maybe a chickenhawk.

12 Likes

yeah. how about panning the camera up?

((why doesn’t tiktok have a slider??))

3 Likes

I hear something like a growl, which they might think is a predator, but the first chicken had already frozen by then, Maybe that one heard it first?

3 Likes

Could be. It doesn’t take much to blow a chicken’s one-watt brain. Quickly draw a line in front of one with chalk and it’s stunned just like this.

4 Likes

I think chickens can see Lidar (assuming it’s a newer phone)?

1 Like
7 Likes

I’ve never been able to figure out how a bird that small can carry around a baseball bat. Isn’t nature a wonder?

3 Likes

Standard chicken behaviour when threatened, movement is easier to spot if your defence is camouflage.

We used to play a game in primary school of wolf and chickens where the “wolf” turned their back on a line of “chickens” who approached calling ‘what’s the time, Mr Wolf?’ when the answer was ‘dinner time’ the wolf would spin round and the chickens had to freeze, any spotted moving were out of the game, the goal was to tag the wolf [memory might be dimmed].

6 Likes

Because YOU WILL WATCH IT ALL, EVERY SINGLE SECOND, HOW ELSE CAN WE MAXIMISE YOUR ATTENTION SPAN AND MONETISE YOU?!?!?!?

(Otherwise known as ‘enshittification’)

@mofolotopo I think you have a good chance of winning today’s internet.

As for the chickens, I think she staged it as a prank. If we had another leg, she’d pullet.

(But yeah, this is classic ‘predator alert!’ behaviour.)

5 Likes

…a glitch in the matrix

2023-12-06_123020

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.