Owners watch their home burn via indoor security camera connected to iPhone

Here’s another security video from Fort McMurray. This time it’s a camera pointing out front on someone’s front -porch. Pieces of the house catch on fire and firemen do their best to put it out.

With all that fire, heat and water, I’m really quite surprised at how long the video lasts.

1 Like

Yeah, if I was a fish, dying in a fire would be like the last thing on my list of things to worry about.

6 Likes

Yeah, but the smoke doesn’t look like it penetrates the house until right about then.

Well, I was wearing headphones at the time, and my ears really didn’t appreciate the added verisimilitude.

Always have been.

Smoke detector alarms are useful when a fire starts inside the house. In this case, when the house is already engulfed in fire, they are of course useless.

Those poor fish.

Assuming I was in the house when the evacuation order came in, I don’t think I could have left without finding a way to transport them. Which probably proves I’m human, but also shows how stupidly sentimental humans are.

1 Like

It looks like the hollow porch pillar served as a chimney to take a persistent hot spot under the porch and spread it to the roof.

2 Likes

Always have been…

http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/163397584/how-human-beings-almost-vanished-from-earth-in-70-000-b-c

1 Like

Yeah, I’m guessing it got out of control instead of taken care early on simply because the firefighters had to manage taking care of a whole neighbourhood rather than just one building.

And the fact that the hot spot seems to have been under the porch and not easily accessible. Perhaps flammable mulch?

1 Like

But try frying something and it goes off right away.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.