Pack your bags: Russia-loving Canadian family's escape from "woke" Canada backfires

Oh no!

Never mind,

2 Likes

With their visas expiring, the Feenstras must now leave Russia for at least three months before trying again.

After making the video indicating life was less than perfect in Russian, they truly should be glad it’s deFeenstration without defenestration.

Seriously, though, I’m surprised Putin didn’t grease the bureaucratic skids just for the propaganda victory.

20 Likes

Wait this is a different family of fools than the previous story??

3 Likes

Welcome to the immigrant experience, you f…cks

17 Likes

They have a whole YouTube channel, which reads to me that they’re producing reality TV. Which might mean that they’re deliberately not processing the migration correctly to generate more content, or perhaps they really did think their media profile would give Putin a propaganda opportunity that would pay off for them.

10 Likes

Snerk! Two of those three activities are pretty liberal bordering on “woke”.

I wonder if it will also temper their attitude towards the “decadence” of Canada. Can’t be fun to suffer like that just because mom and dad “hate teh gayz.”

I’ve lived in Russia. It always amuses me that the people most vocal about how great Russia is are least likely to survive, let alone thrive under their socio-political-economic system. Even TV dinner boy wouldn’t make it there. He’s not rich enough, smart enough, connected enough, or useful enough.

16 Likes

It’s the same family.

6 Likes

IMG_5645

13 Likes

What would be the Propaganda victory for Putin? I’m sure he dislikes immigrants as much as the next dictator. Plus these werent desirable immigrants. Clearly USA not sending their best?

8 Likes

I’d imagine the optics of an entire Canadian family fleeing the moral bankruptcy of the decadent west for the shining beacon of moral authority that is Mother Russia is worth something.

9 Likes

“Novichock.”

24 Likes

I know it won’t happen, but I hope the Canadian government tells these fascists to piss off when they come slinking back.

6 Likes

I would prefer to see:

“Welcome back. You’re idiots, but you’re Canadians, and we don’t expel people for being idiots. We like to think we’re better than that. You are going to be on every watchlist there is for the rest of your lives, though. Just letting you know. I’m sure you understand. Are you OK after your time in Russia? Do you need any free, first-world health care?”

30 Likes

They could go to Uganda. They speak english there, there are plenty of Christian churches, they would never have to deal with snow again and they seem to have laws regarding gays that would please them.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/ugandas-museveni-approves-anti-gay-law-parliament-speaker-says-2023-05-29/

ETA

Some people seems to disagree.

10 Likes

Almost. Not bad for a non-native speaker of Canadian though. Lemme help.

ETA: spoken, there are a few unwritten "eh"s in there, but those are rarely transcribed.

16 Likes

… baby Jesus will cry if there is no snow for Xmas

5 Likes

It kind of seems worth it, contributing to their scheme to stay in Russia and not come back to Canada. :smiley:

I just wonder how far the grift goes. I would also think they could just pay another family to take the test for a whole lot cheaper than a flight out and then back in. If it’s a personal integrity thing, that was already pretty much shot to shit anyway. Right?

1 Like

I would find this funny if it was not for the childen. I feel terribly sorry for them.

8 Likes

It’s funny/sad, but it’s really an unfortunate example of how some people can get so disconnected from reality that they really fuck up their lives based on the delusions. At least it seems to be limited to their own family, unlike the MAGAts, who seem intent on messing up everyone else’s too.

7 Likes

Yes. And given what parents they have I’ll still be sorry for them when they’re back in Canada.

9 Likes