Canadian parents who wanted to raise their 8 kids with "traditional values" moved to Russia. Wife now says, "I'm ready to jump on a plane and get out of here."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/15/canadian-parents-who-wanted-to-raise-their-8-kids-with-traditional-values-moved-to-russia-wife-now-says-im-ready-to-jump-on-a-plane-and-get-out-of-here.html

11 Likes

Better hope they live in a single-story building. Jackasses.

I sure feel bad for those kids though.

53 Likes

Youtube Video GIF by tyler oakley

20 Likes

83 Likes

The “if you like it so much why don’t you go and live there” faction is uncertain how to react.

42 Likes

In Soviet Russia, bank robs you!

35 Likes

Unfortunately in post-Soviet capitalist Russia this also happens!

28 Likes

Ist this Putin land so good?
Would you leave it if you could?
Ja this Putin land is good!
Vee would leave it if we could

27 Likes

23 Likes

Eight more kids for the Ukraine meat grinder - that’s their future.

28 Likes

Those poor kids. :confused:

35 Likes

I remember back in the 80s, when you would hear about progressive families who went to live in the communist paradise of the Soviet Union and other communist countries, only to discover the horrifying reality. Last story I remember was of a family who moved to Myanmar for the same reason. It didn’t last long.
Useful idiots discovering a sad reality.

28 Likes

ZERO uncertainty here: FUCK THEM. idiots. I hope Canada revoked their citizenship. Maybe they can appeal to the PRC to go farm there. No “western influences” (WTF is that, anyway??) there to worry about…

13 Likes

This reminds me of Stalin’s daughter who defected to the US in '67, rather snottily declared in '84 that she was returning to civilization (the USSR), but came crawling back to the US in '86.

25 Likes

They should start their own YouTube channel documenting their shitty state and try to survive via donations and ad monetization. Name it Going Down With The Ivanovs.

(Access to those bucks would probably get frozen also. Quelle domage.)

19 Likes

Hope they don’t mind a lack of rural infrastructure, greater than expected ethnic diversity, and participating in one of the three or four officially recognized religions. :+1:

18 Likes

and since the family doesn’t speak a lick of Russian…

[mouth agape emoji] (seriously what the f’n f’n f!?)

29 Likes

Wait until they find out there are gay people in Russia, hiding in closets and otherwise trying to survive.

Seriously, if you are uncomfortable with LGBTQ persons just ignore them. They will certainly ignore you. I had a brief noodle around their site, they basically had a rural farm here in Canada. Did they really think that teh gaze were coming to their land? WTF.

39 Likes

Watcha gunna do?
Yup Thats Right GIF by Katelyn Tarver

26 Likes

This is what got me. They may hate Canada, but they still have that great sense of Western entitlement.

30 Likes