Pack your bags: Russia-loving Canadian family's escape from "woke" Canada backfires

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/18/pack-your-bags-russia-loving-canadian-familys-escape-from-woke-canada-backfires.html

9 Likes

41 Likes

Yeah, see, they were doing it wrong. What you gotta do is travel several weeks upstream from the nearest inhabited village, then live on starvation rations for a few years before god will bless you . . . with several more decades of starvation and freezing cold temperatures.

15 Likes

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

I feel bad for the kids, tho… they didn’t choose to have dipshits for parents, after all.

47 Likes

Of course in the case of the Lykov family it wasn’t mere paranoia or an overdeveloped sense of victimhood; they really were part of a persecuted religious minority who had already seen family members killed by the state during the Stalinist era.

16 Likes

What’s Russian for fuck around and find out?

10 Likes

As a dirty queer proudly flying my pride flags from my apartment in Saskatchewan, I hope I contributed to their desire to move. The fewer hateful bigots here, the better.

80 Likes

They had to go to across the North Pole to get what they could have had in Texas, ArkansasLouisianaMississippiAlabama, or Florida? That doesn’t make any … oh, I know … {whispers} melanin allergies.

19 Likes

I wonder if they had ever complained about immigrants to Canada not speaking English? How did they not do the bare minimum of research to find out what the requirements of getting residency in Russia were? They just thought, “We’ll figure it out when we get there?” I mean, I know that sorta works for some people coming to the US…but Russia ain’t the US. What did they think was going to happen?

This sort of shit may happen more often, with people like Tucker Carlson singing the praises of life in Russia and Hungary.

42 Likes

трахайся и узнай

15 Likes

The kids deserve better. The parents can F*** Off to the coldest pits of Siberia for all I care.

23 Likes

Keep up the good work!

22 Likes

They may be on a “grow up very fast” trajectory that those of us with privilege in this hemisphere may never fully experience.

It’s a very expensive painful lesson they are learning.
They will not forget it.
I wish them every bit of luck they will no doubt need.

32 Likes

My nesting partner and I are in the process of getting new siding put on our house. One of our requirements is color: we’re going to be the rainbow house. We acknowledge that this will likely make us a target for some people, but probably not much more so than our yard signs already do. It’s my sincere hope that we can also convince some bigots to flee to Russia.

47 Likes

Nice! Once I recover financially from my divorce and have bought a house, I will be making it the queerest, witchiest house in town. 100% :grin:

39 Likes

Maybe they could move to the people’s paradise of North Korea, where the firm and wise rule of the Young Leader should protect them from hateful displays of homosexual intemperance.

15 Likes

If every queer drives just one family to Russia…

19 Likes

I’m not driving them, they can walk, swim, or travel by makeshift raft for all I care. After all, Russia will be happy to take them in, right?

23 Likes

51yLJ1bY0qL.AC

9 Likes

9 Likes