Paid Comments

When someone posts a gif like that, I generally ask google images-- click on the camera button.

2 Likes

Which is pretty much my point. It’s a big “if”, because it is contrary to how I choose to live and associate.

Sure and apparently to claim that I, as a foreigner, internalize “traditional British values” - whatever they may be. No thanks!

You are aware that this is a frame from an animation, aren’t you?

It’s animated… Just click on the pic

edit: thanks for the source reference – I now have a new newsfeed.

1 Like

Oh, ok. Keep on swinging.

2 Likes

Binge-drinking, sucking at cricket and delighting in pointlessly pedantic remarks.

How’s your leg-spin?

4 Likes

I like Tineye. It’s got a plug-in for Firefox, so you can right-click the image and search for it.

Wait… wut?

Ah, my chosen bowling style. A bit long-hoppy, mind. Except when I played somewhere with lower nets, and I couldn’t get the flight on the ball. Then I swapped to swing and cutters. I’m almost Dernbach-esque in my variations.

2 Likes

Nice. I’m pretty sure these days even a hint of being a halfway decent leggy will get you an Aussie passport. Abbott will even fast-track it if you’ve got Test potential.

Me, I’m an old-fashioned slow-quick, built a bit like two Tremlett’s welded together.
Intimidating, not not terribly effective or accurate. My pitch-map looks like someone sneezed into a box of polka-dots.

2 Likes

Ah, shit.

It’s @monkeyoh all the way down, you see.

1 Like

That’s what they say, all right.

I only understand like half of these words in relation to bowling. Swing and cutters? Net? WTF? I am so confused right now.

That pretty much sums up my experience with cricket as well.

2 Likes

Do you mean the annoying bug?

LOL this is what came up when I googled “Americans and cricket”:

2 Likes

1 Like

That did not help. At all.

Seriously, the more I stare at this, the more confused I get.

1 Like

You should just look up Shirling, it makes more sense.

1 Like