Palmer Luckey wins secretive Pentagon contract to develop AI for drones

I have not. But given how much I enjoyed Wicked by Gregory Maguire, this sounds right up my alley. Thanks for putting it on my map!

Looks like it will take some digging, as I can’t read Russian.

4 Likes

My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy

As much as I would have wanted him to read Leo Tolstoy and William Morris on the subject (they’re the anarchists he would have agreed with the most), I doubt that statement was true outside of his head.

And now I want Middle-Earth stories as written by William Morris.

7 Likes

I’d read that.

5 Likes

This isn’t surprising at all. He pivoted to building a techified version of trumps Wall a couple of years ago with palantir ties. Some people’s real talent is seeing where the big money will be a few years ahead of time and getting there early. Not necessarily in order to succeed at that endeavor (see charter schools bilking public funds with less than the promised stellar outcomes), but being at or near the front of the line when the contracts start getting handed out. He did it with VR - taking Zucks cash - and then saw the gubmint under trump was dying to spend big bucks. It is truly a talent - I’d say Musk also has it - but he seems to actually care about the outcomes more than someone like this true POS.

3 Likes

“News from Rivendell” (Is actually just 200 pages of Tom Bombadil singing about wallpaper)

6 Likes

There is no legal version as it is not authorized by Tolkien’s estate, but you can find a link to a translation through the wiki page:

5 Likes

I think thats a good point. Musk gets a bad rap sometimes but think about how bad it could be, given his accomplishments.

3 Likes

Also, Jacqueline Carey’s The Sundering books.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.