Pandering news hosts called out

Originally published at: Pandering news hosts called out - Boing Boing

10 Likes

The Charlemagne tha God interview with Cooper is great. He was not having any of Cooper’s bullshit.

16 Likes

Name checks out.

5 Likes

I hope that 2024’s election coverage gives rise to a serious assessment of the corporate media’s utter failure to do its job as a (usually self-described) liberal-democratic institution. I also hope that the assessment comes in the form of a vigorous debate in the next few years rather than in the form of future historical scholarship concerning the rise and fall of the U.S 's fascist regime.

17 Likes

[eeyore voice mode] and i once had hopes that the media would stop relying so much on the latest polling results for the majority of its aligned discussions. Yet even while they acknowledge that national polling is inaccurate, they continue to repeat and repeat crap like: “And although it’s within the margin of error, X’s lead remains significant!!” That is: hopes now gone for ‘cable’ news being a purveyor of accuracy in politics. It’s eyeballs over veracity. ((@#$ orange blob ruins a perfectly good old verb to replace ‘over’))

8 Likes

Oh, now this is fucking gorgeous!

Thanks so much for this, JLW!

6 Likes

Claiming Harris ties herself up like a “pretzel,” Hannity said: “She has to give us word salads because she won’t tell us how she really feels. She’s hiding her true beliefs.”

“Donald Trump doesn’t do that,” he added.

Even regardless of whether or not we accept Hannity’s assertion that Vice President Harris gives us word salads I would have to agree with him on his second point (reluctantly, broken clock twice a day and all that.)

Trump’s verbal diarrhea isn’t coherent enough to be a word salad. At best it’s a watery word salsa made with the finest ingredients Trump could scrounge for free out of a dumpster behind a Taco Bell.

3 Likes

Given his performance at McDonalds and their E. coli problems I wouldn’t rule out diarrhoea as an actual ingredient.

10 Likes

Plus the health inspection downchecks that that franchise has previously received.

8 Likes

Right. Trump just comes right out and says horrible, evil stuff, so . . . that’s somehow admirable? It’s almost like Hannity is saying “Trump isn’t a liar” which is of course utter bullshit.

6 Likes