Panty hose stuffed with hair clippings works great on oil slicks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/18/panty-hose-stuffed-with-hair-c.html

7 Likes

I would jokingly post the satirical South Park commercial for Cherokee Hair Tampons but alas I can’t find it on YouTube. In English at least, i can find it in German of all things

4 Likes

This is a new fetish? I have never heard of this.

2 Likes

Simple low tech solutions to environmental problems like that are really interesting to me.

4 Likes

I think someone is doing a similar thing with water in Minnesota with pantyhose and peat which seems cheaper for water filtering than some more complex solutions for rain water runoff from mines.

2 Likes

Hang them in your garden and deer will be repulsed by the scent of humans

2 Likes

In English, from South Park Studios

southpark.cc.com/clips/152130/commercial-break

1 Like

Oops. No video.

If its linked from the Southpark site its likely some DRM shenanigans against external linking. You’d have to post a link to the site instead

We should maybe not put waste fleece anywhere near the ocean?

https://www.patagonia.com/blog/2017/02/an-update-on-microfiber-pollution/

I’ll ship them, at my own expense, pantyhose pre-stuffed with the hair from my bathtub drain. I gots lots.

After they’re done soaking up oil, can we re-sell the oily hair & pantyhose booms to baldish celebrities as extensions? Pre-fab warlock dreadlocks for death metal bands?

1 Like

It’s okay, they want Sheep/Llama/Alpaca fleece, not dead dinosaur fleece:

4 Likes

I love this kind of resourcefulness and innovation.

Plus, these oil-thirsty hair booms and mats tie right in with Cory’s description of Facebook and his other holdings as Mark Zuckerberg’s Empire of Oily Rags. :grinning:

4 Likes

Baed on the suggestion fromo @Grey_Devil I changed the simple URL to a link to the URL.

Should work now.

2 Likes

Und warum hast Du den Clip dann nicht geposted, hmm?

1 Like
3 Likes

Plausible is what I am concerned with.

there is simply a lot more spilled oil than there is hair.

1 Like

obligatory:

2 Likes

I don’t know, there is a lot of those humans quite everywhere and I don’t think hair are used in a lot of industrial or craft process (witch is a shame). Plus I guess most animal’s fur have similar properties.
I’d be more concern by how you recycle all this oil soaked hairs.

2 Likes

I was including animal hair sourced from meat production in my back-of-the-envelope estimate.

It’s orders of magnitude off of practical