Paris Hilton's shirt never said "Stop being poor" she asserts

Originally published at: Paris Hilton's shirt never said "Stop being poor" she asserts | Boing Boing

1 Like

I know a lot of desperate people. Most of them also happen to be poor. Coincidence?

2 Likes

I think in this context it’s not referring to that kind of desperation.

4 Likes

She’s a good example of how just being well-off financially isn’t fulfilling. Some people also have to be the center of everything. “Stop Being Desperate” should have been a self-motivation thing she said into the mirror daily. Here she is again, telling us all about herself.

3 Likes

I doubt it had anything to do with self-esteem or mental health, either. In the context of her persona back then, it sounds like a brush-off issued by a spoiled, smirking popular girl in high school to someone who’s trying to be part of her rotten clique.

That said, back to doing what I always did with people who are famous only for being famous.

3 Likes

no. she was a vapid, smirking cancer then, and she is now.

9 Likes

She’s really itching for a Berenstain Bears controversy to stay relevant

1 Like

I look forward to having forgotten about her again.

12 Likes

Rather ironic, considering she always seems desperate for attention.

1 Like

Paris Hilton recently did an episode of Hot Ones. I have to say, my opinion of her went up significantly after watching that.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could move past celebrating fame and celebrity. People famous for being privileged really shouldn’t be getting our attention.

Although I have to admit to enjoying Hilton in Repo! The Genetic Opera. That’s it.

1 Like

Love her or hate her, that is some high quality internet trolling here.

As the artist Plastic Jesus recommends: “Stop Making Stupid People Famous”.

2 Likes

Wait. So are we supposed to hate the rich or not? This is BoingBoing–I’m pretty sure we’re supposed to hate the rich.

You must have misheard.

7 Likes

And in her own way, she’s responsible for the Kardashian clan, and all of the ills that that has spawned, so…

I used to be poor. Then I saw Paris Hitlon’s shirt, which advised me to stop being poor. I took her shirt’s words to heart and soon stopped being poor. Today, I am the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, and all thanks to the life-changing advice that I got from Paris Hilton’s shirt. /s

1 Like

Yeah, we love the rich here… with sriracha sauce.

2 Likes

…and fava beans with a nice chianti.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.