Looking to reboot itself, Twitter reboots Paris Hilton

Originally published at: Looking to reboot itself, Twitter reboots Paris Hilton | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’ll happily take this as more evidence of the platform’s slide into irrelevancy.

My only question is which party was desperate enough to approach the other. The answer isn’t as obvious as it would have been before 2022.

23 Likes

xchan, 10chan, whatever Elno.

10 Likes

The only thing more irrelevant than twitter these days is Paris Hilton’s status as a trend setter. A match made in heaven for the two entities, no doubt.

16 Likes

Fake it 'till you make it, right Elon ?

3 Likes

Okay, sorry for the earlier offensive term. She is truly one of those famous for being famous.

Can’t we pay a little more attention to the Nobel Prize winners instead?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is sadder for Paris or sadder for Mush?

8 Likes

I hope that Hilton has secured an eye watering payout from X.

3 Likes

mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

11 Likes

Seems a perfect match to me: noted racist joins racist social media platform.

12 Likes

I was trying to jog my memory to recall how she got famous in the first place for anything other than being a pretty rich heiress who starred in an infamous sex tape and realized she started her “career” (such as it is) with Donald Trump’s modeling agency.

So it’s another case of massive unearned wealth and privilege paired with a narcissistic drive for public attention wrapped up in an alliance with misogynist fascists. I guess this deal sounds like a good fit for both sides.

18 Likes

I guess it wasn’t enough to sling monkey jpgs on TV…

13 Likes

Well, she’s getting sued over the monkey ape representations, so I guess every little bit helps keep the bottom line a little bit higher.

12 Likes

They’re perfect for each other. Image obsessed people with more money than they deserve who only those with self worth issues want to care about. The only silver lining here is that anything that siphons money out of Musk’s pocket is hastening the day when I no longer hear about the asshole.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Only thing i have to add is that she isn’t actually inheriting anything from the Hilton family. She’s made her own money as an adult. I dislike Paris Hilton but i’ll at least give her props for making her own way, even if i disapprove of how she got there.

5 Likes

No mention at all about Rachel Maddow’s reporting, of NBC’s Ben Collin reporting, that musk is following lock-step the guidance of the far right, presented by a truly gawdawful white supremacist Darren Beattie, to acquire twitter, attack anything progressive, go antisemitic, and finally destroy twitter…? That is, musk can’t even be original with his vile political maneuvers. (“Nah, this one is about Paris Hilton and twitter. They’ll get to Beattie in due time. so sitdown” eh, ok)

12 Likes

Four video programs per year? Is money even changing hands for this deal? In social media time, that’s like putting out a new almanac every time Halley’s Comet passes by.

11 Likes

She was stinking rich long before she became an adult or started her own career.

12 Likes

I think Musk’s head is so far up his own ass that he still thinks he can do that and still turn Xitter into somekind of superapp.

7 Likes