Paris Hilton joins brand exodus from Twitter/X, halts advertising

Originally published at: Paris Hilton Joins Brand Exodus from Twitter/X, Halts Advertising

3 Likes

If you’ve lost Hilton, you know you’re in trouble.

10 Likes

I should probably be more impressed than I am. She basically makes her money by being famous, and for her to give up a venue where people can view and worship her (and somehow raising her profitability in the process), that’s saying rather a lot about her.

I had her lumped in with the Melania camp – willing to put up with the shit to keep her beak wet. So this is overall a positive.

10 Likes

mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

6 Likes

Will her former partner in NFT shilling, Jimmy Fallon, follow her? I doubt it.

1 Like

When the Kardashians leave, bust the joint out.

6 Likes

Is sliving a typo or am I just old?

6 Likes

The Google helped me translate, it’s apparently a portmanteau of slaying and living… but it just gives me a “fetch” feeling.

15 Likes

I only see the more appropriate “sliming”.

9 Likes

“… all mimsy were the borogoves,
and the mome raths outgrabe”

13 Likes

i guess this is what happens when you fire the chatgpt ceo. the ai quits even trying. :wink:

3 Likes

Down The Drain GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

… Twitter is the bath water, and Elon is the drain :thinking:

4 Likes

ghost busters movie s GIF

3 Likes

And the inevitable ugly terminal shlupping sound at the very end will be the last singer left on Twitter who, by coincidence, could only belt out ugly shlupping sounds.

2 Likes

I can’t applaud Hilton; she jumped on the X bandwagon less than 2 months ago. Everyone already knew what Elno’s freeze peach site was like by then.

9 Likes

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

5 Likes

This is just…

The initial, pathetic team-up suggested desperation on both sides, and now she’s jumped ship without ever having produced anything for this “partnership,” which just makes it hilariously pathetic.

Clearly she thought she could squeeze some money/attention out of it. She’s now realizing she can’t - things are too far gone for Twitter and they’re not going to get better under current leadership.

@hecep
More…

6 Likes

#sleaving

6 Likes

sloughing- I learned about this in sex-education class. happens once a month.

1 Like