Parliament to vote on Brexit today

And where on that chart should Scotland’s flag go?

1 Like

BBC News graphic:

3 Likes

I think that whether it is UK policy that there never be a hard border between Ireland and N Ireland is very much in question at the moment.

No deal brexit = hard border between Ireland and N Ireland.

Sources please.

All the recent polls I have seen have remain as the most popular option.

2 Likes

Guardian: MPs reject May’s Brexit plan by 432 by 202 - a majority of 230

Ouch.

4 Likes

Could have phrased that better I suppose;
depending on how the options are presented as choices some polls predict a majority for ‘no deal’.
Behind a paywall, soz.

5 Likes

Corbyn has just called for a vote of no confidence in the government after the biggest government defeat in history.

8 Likes

She’s back from the bar and she has a, what is that container, I’ve never seen the like of it before, but a super large quantity of humiliating defeat with her.

Best update that graph…

1 Like

She knocked it out of the park! Take that McDonald! Your 80 year record is smashed!

118 Tories voted against her.

I’m not sure how she can hang on.

7 Likes

I’m fairly sure that there are only two options practically possible at this point: A no-deal, hard Brexit, or no Brexit. The EU is not going to start renegotiating things at this point, and there’s no time for anything else.

3 Likes

Dammit, I voted for a Zombie Horrorcaust and May had better deliver!

2 Likes

If the government loses the vote of no confidence then she might stay around for the election campaign, because you don’t want a leadership election in the middle of purdah. I don’t think there is any legal reason that the Tories couldn’t do that, it just seems like a really bad idea.

If they win then she’ll probably resign. Either way, I think Brexit is postponed.

1 Like

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

4 Likes

Damn.

2 Likes

I have been pointing out this problem repeatedly. My meds are technically not essential for my survival, but if my depression gets worse (which it will if Brexit happens) then I have an increased risk of suicide attempts without them.

3 Likes

This is EXACTLY the kind of minutiae the 'Leave means Leave" knuckle draggers are missing.
This and things like medical radionuclide delivery.

Things that leave people dead.

4 Likes

What worries me is that some of them may view that as a positive.

2 Likes

It is still the official line on all sides.

I agree that that position seems to be untenable if the backstop is to avoided (as I said above).