Parolee arrested after making and posting video on how to remove ankle monitor with butterknife

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/09/parolee-arrested-after-making.html

2 Likes

“encase anyone was curious”

Either his spelling is atrocious or the misspelling was an attempt at a humorous pun. I’m hoping it’s the former because the latter is an unforgivable crime.

5 Likes

I had to stop watching after a minute. The endless tool fumbling was driving me mad.

4 Likes

Parolee Gentleman arrested after making and posting video…

FTFY

9 Likes

Dammit, Dustin. You had to go ruin it for everybody else, didn’t ya? /s

11 Likes

He’ll go far in this life, as soon as he gets that dam ankle monitor off.

6 Likes

I am shocked that someone clever enough to post video of himself violating his parole to social media would be forced to resort to crime to get by… /s

6 Likes

Note to self: When removing my ankle monitor bracelet, use a regular screwdriver rather than a multitool.

8 Likes

The butter-knife tampering case should be…cut…and dry.

He has sacrificed himself so that we may live free!

1 Like

“Burns was charged this week with tampering with electronic monitoring equipment, a felony, court records say.”

Followed by a lawsuit on behalf of the manufacturer, charging Burns with divulging proprietary information and infringing the company’s IP rights?

2 Likes

He didn’t break DRM so he may be alright.

If it is this easy to circumvent a ankle bracelet, maybe there should also be some consequences for the creators of that bracelet.

3 Likes

“I’m asking for clemency, your Honor, because I’m handicapped by a near-terminal case of stupidity.”

2 Likes

I thought the title read “ankle bone” at first glance. Not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed.

1 Like

Aren’t electronic monitoring devices the ultimate in rights management technology?

5 Likes

i think its the ladder

4 Likes

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, amirite?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.