Pastor floats over congregation to deliver sermon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/30/pastor-floats-over-congregatio.html

4 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

I can totally see the wires.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

25 Likes

Lo, the idiocracy is nigh!

Relevant verses:

13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. - Revelation 12

15 And when the dragon beheld this, he snorted and sighed:

19 Likes

Heresy! The secret to flight is happy thoughts and Pixie Dust. (Or, erm, Angel Dust?)

7 Likes

Copperfield did it better and had more believers.

4 Likes

He does appear to be Well Hung.

15 Likes

I thought the secret was to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

16 Likes

Advanced Song and Dance tactics.

Oh man, I could totally see having some fun with him if I got to control the wires.

Good thing he doesn’t communion wine and altar boys who get bored during long a liturgy.

3 Likes

giphy-11

21 Likes

14 Likes

I first thought the headline said “…to deliver salmon”, which seemed teh xtreme way to do the fish and bread story…

9 Likes

I hope the congregation could also see that there might be something disturbingly wrong with their pastor.

6 Likes

It’s a crossover play for followers of the flying spaghetti monster.

6 Likes

Definitely the secret to believing you can fly…

Pro tip use responsibly and stay on the ground floor. And don’t be around people you care to be friends with the next day. Or cops. Or just don’t…

1 Like

Oh, boy. You brought it back: Parochial school. In the 6th grade during class, a schoolmate passed me a drawing he’d done (I guess because I was the designated ‘class artist’). It was titled “Naked Priest” (in big block letters). Naked except for the collar. Very carefully and cleanly drawn, obviously with time spent making his priest realistically hirsute and anatomically (and impressively, shall we say) correct. I should have bust out laughing, but I was taken with the observant rendering and the sophistication of the drawing. Yes, I was the class artist – but at least his drawing had a message.

3 Likes

“Faith without stunts is dead.”
~Knievel 2:14

11 Likes

Preacher Pan?

4 Likes
8 Likes

I think more young people left Sunday morning probably talking about my sermon than they did in a while.

“Hey, did you see the pastor use the harness and cables to fly over the congregation?”

“No, I missed it. What was the sermon about?”

“I don’t remember, I was just waiting for him to fall on someone.”

4 Likes