Paul Ryan boasts that his tax cut resulted in $1.50 per week raise for secretary, then deletes tweet

“Team Ryan” is not a single campaign fund but rather a joint-fundraising committee that raises money for Paul Ryan’s re-election fund (Ryan for Congress), the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), and Paul Ryan’s leadership PAC named Prosperity Action. Because of that factor, it is important to be precise about where money given to “Team Ryan” is actually going.

Only some of the money goes to Paul Ryan’s campaign. The rest goes to the RNC and PACs. And no, this isn’t an artifact of Citizens United. This type of so-called soft money has been around for a long time.

1 Like

Hey… I never said it was a good joke! I’m just playing along with it.

2 Likes

Does this mean someone single making over $100k/year or $200k for a couple is “elite”?

Do we envision that these are the one percent that are buying yachts (small or mega) with houses in the city, mountains, and at the beach?

1 Like

Then I hope she spends that buck-fifty wisely because Ryan is about to take away her Medicaid to pay for the tax bill.

10 Likes

The very same medicaid that Ryan hopes to gut in the coming months?

8 Likes

The changes they made start on this years tax returns (for 2017). Turbotax, etc, had to scramble to update their software.

[ETA] Scratch that… some aspects kick in on this year’s returns. However, given the new tax brackets, in the coming years my family is indeed paying a higher tax rate in the coming years.

5 Likes

Higher marginal tax rate or higher effective rate?

via Imgflip Meme Generator

2 Likes

“Please sir, may I have some more gruel?”

1 Like

Quelle surprise.

4 Likes

I can only imagine the sacrifices Mr Ryan has made for the little people. He’s an unsung hero.

2 Likes

Marginal.

1 Like

So help out a (BB will edit out my self-deprecating label) fellow poster, run the numbers through here and confirm what you postulated. If your answers to my questions were straight I expect you will be surprised.

Yeah, like maybe we should publicly fund elections.

Listen, I don’t care about the government cutting my taxes, while at the same time either running up debt or cutting social services. Having more expending money because you run up your credit cards or don’t pay for your essential needs is not sustainable in the long term. You are being fooled by the rich people who are taking the brunt of the tax cuts, while burdening all Americans with the resulting debt and social expending cuts.

8 Likes

We send both briber and bribee to prison for bribery in my country.

Because it’s bribery of an elected official and bribery is illegal.

3 Likes

Works for me !!

1 Like

Please stop telling me how to run my tax return. I didn’t ask for you help. I assure you, it’s handled.

10 Likes

But if that’s true, that would mean there is at least one single American family that is paying more taxes. That can’t be right, so obviously you must have done something wrong!

:don’t know whether this deserves a smiley face or a screaming one:

10 Likes