Paul Thomas Anderson's next film shooting next summer

Originally published at: Paul Thomas Anderson's next film shooting next summer | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Might be an unpopular opinion but I found Licorice Pizza boring and entirely self-indulgent with a barely recognizable plot and extremely slow pacing. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen until mercifully, the movie ended.

2 Likes

I was just too busy giggling uncontrollably for most of the movie to notice any lack of plot. But, to each their own. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I also was equally disappointed. I was especially keen to see it since it was based upon Gary Goetzman’s life. I know he must have been industrious and hustled a bit to transition from a child actor to a producer (he had a bit cameo in Jonathan Demme’s Married to the Mob), but maybe his funny stories didn’t really translate to the screen.

1 Like

I loved Event Horizon. Powerfull film.

1 Like

True, but the Resident Evil films were his masterpiece.

2 Likes

Allow me to make an even more controversial statement: Licorice Pizza was the only bad movie that Paul Thomas Anderson has made to date and one of only a handful of his films that are not masterpieces.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.