Pee-wee Herman fans are going all out for "Big Adventure" 35th anniversary tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/10/pee-wee-herman-fans-are-going.html

4 Likes

so bummed to be missing this. i’ve loved this movie since the day it came out. i have so many PW-related things. i’m just so happy the movie continues to inspire and delight, and that Paul Reubens is getting to bask in some well-deserved glory.

8 Likes

Yes, it’s got a cult following, but surely it’s accepted as part of the wider canon by now!

4 Likes

I wish this would come to Kansas City. I love that movie. I even built a replica of the bike a few years ago.

17 Likes

Can you say “Adobe?”

7 Likes

Dottie : I was wondering if you would go someplace… with me.
Pee-wee Herman : Like where?
Dottie : The drive-in.
Pee-wee Herman : Look, Dottie, I like you. Like! I like you!
Dottie : Yes, I like you, too–
Pee-wee Herman : [shouts] Dottie! [calm voice] There’s a lotta things about me you don’t know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn’t understand. Things you couldn’t understand. Things you shouldn’t understand.
Dottie : I don’t understand.
Pee-wee Herman : You don’t wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

10 Likes

I’m already on my way across the country to attend the special screening in the basement of the Alamo. I bought the ticket from a scalper at Madam Ruby’s palm reading and tax preparation service so you know it’s legit.

8 Likes

NICE!!

Yes, a shame about no KC date… assuming I could afford it.

Do you have a Pee Wee costume to match your bike? You should show up to Planet Comic Con in that!

5 Likes

This was a dealbreaker for me, sadly.

1 Like

With all due respect: He doesn’t make monkeys, he just trains them.

8 Likes

I don’t have the Pee Wee suit. In fact, I’m sad to say that I have since sold the bike. It was collecting dust in my basement so I got rid of it. Now it wish I still had it. That project was a lengthy labor of love. I rode it in a parade and also at an event where we gave away free bike helmets to underprivileged kids. It always drew kind comments.

9 Likes

And what, just lock it up outside!?! Have we learned nothing?

Also: @MBrody, you sound like an amazing creature. Wish I still lived in KC so I could buy you a drink.

11 Likes

Nooooo!! Bring it in. People would love to take pics with it.

4 Likes

You strike me as the sort of fellow who’d enjoy a nice stick of gum. Spearmint or fruit?

6 Likes

Has there been any mention of these shows being documented for those of us too far to make it? So bummed to miss it but it seems too good to not make it onto a special edition or something.

3 Likes

This looks like so much fun - why weren’t any of you people around when I was growing up? It would have been much less lonely …

3 Likes

went two nights ago in Atlanta. very fun. the bonus footage was rad and the making-of talk after was fun and interesting but lord, does Paul ramble. he knows how to keep your interest through his meanderings, though.

I rode my bike there and then of course the whole movie was about his bike getting stolen so I was super paranoid it was going to be a self-fullfilling prophecy and I’d return to find the light-post I’d locked up to wearing the proverbial evil clown face, but my bike was still there I’m happy to report.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.