Paul Reubens, Pee Wee Herman, dead at 70

Originally published at: Paul Reubens, Pee Wee Herman, dead at 70 | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Wherever he’s going, I hope I end up there as well.

41 Likes

Pee Wee’s Playhouse is on the short list for good kid’s shows. And it’s a short, short list.

23 Likes

Most unfortunate.

23 Likes

That’s really sad news. I really loved him as an actor and what a loss that he’s gone. Thanks for the great characters and performances Paul Reubens, you’ll be greatly missed

22 Likes

If he was fighting this for the last six years that means he must have been diagnosed shortly after Pee Wee’s Big Holiday. At least he got one more goofy ride in before having to hang up the bowtie.

23 Likes

Just going to drop this here, the one that started it all.

26 Likes

Look, I’m not done being sad about Sinéad yet. We can’t keep doing this.

Oooh, someone’s put up the original HBO special of his stage show. If you’ve not seen it, it’s worth the hour. Phil Hartman, Tito Larriva, Lynne Marie Stewart, Edie McClurg. So much fun.

23 Likes

Always my favorite Star Tours pilot. But he lives on as the DJ in Oga’s cantina

rex-captain-rex

17 Likes

“Is that a big enough piece of cake or what?”

14 Likes

Sure, I pause for a moment to look up Lynne Marie Stewart’s name…

4 Likes

Nooo! He was too young. Fuck cancer. :frowning:

25 Likes

Really sad today to wake up and find out that Paul Reubens died yesterday at the age of 70, after fighting cancer for the last six years. I didn’t have a clue that he was sick, but he was a unique performer who holds a special place in my heart. So long Pee Wee, think I’ll cue up the sad ending credits music to the Pee Wee Herman kids show, watch him ride that scooter into the sunset one last time.

15 Likes

Ride on, Paul.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-min

24 Likes

Disney couldn’t get enough “Paul Reubens voicing robotic spaceship pilots” back in 1986-87.

flight-of-the-navigator

17 Likes

The secret word of the day. You know what to do.

21 Likes

I haven’t seen this movie since I was a kid, but it definitely hit when I saw it when I was young.

“I don’t leak. You leak.” Classic!

(Slightly off topic, Captain Disillusion did a video on the special effects and props in that movie, and it was super interesting.)

8 Likes

In his honor, they should close the basement at the Alamo today.

37 Likes

My Father’s Day request this year was a daytime viewing of my favorite film of all time, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure (just like I saw it on daytime cable a million times). The Littlest Pea has watched all episodes of Playhouse at least twice, but I finally felt he was ready for Large Marge. Kind of sad that by warning him ahead of time, he didn’t get the full trauma load all of us 80s kids did.

20 Likes

Came here specifically for that

5 Likes