Penis satisfaction correlates to gun ownership

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/06/mens-dissatisfaction-with-own-penis-size-correlates-to-gun-ownership.html

8 Likes

Am I misreading something? It sounds like the study suggests the opposite (which is not what I would expect, and seems to have also been the opposite of the outcome the researchers expected).

Maybe gun ownership just has the effect of making guys think their dicks are bigger than they really are.

33 Likes

At least it confirms that gun owners may not be compensating for something? /sarcasm, silly.

Now we just need a study to see if there’s a correlation between “brodozers”* and penis size. /excessive sarcasm

(* i.e., trucks that have been lifted, have ‘coal rolling’ devices added to them, an egregious amount of underbody lighting, and off-roading enhancements, even though the furthest off the road they’ve ever gotten is the owner’s front lawn for the weekly washing and detailing)

6 Likes

from the conclusion:

" Conclusion

Our analyses show that men who are less dissatisfied with the size of their penises are more likely to own guns than other men."

So… is this a typo? lol

8 Likes

Dissatisfaction with own penis correlates anti-correlates to gun ownership

11 Likes

As has been pointed out, study reaches exact opposite conclusion of what the headline would imply.

Which ruined a perfectly good “But this means I should LOVE guns…” joke. Oh, wait, the joke’s still good, I just have to lie to make it work now.

8 Likes

Me, upon first reading the headline and then this reply:

18 Likes

Nope, you read it correctly. The correlation is the opposite of what the researchers expected. However, Rob’s headline is correct, just in the opposite way most would infer.

6 Likes

12 Likes

No pictures? That’s disappointing.

That’s not been my experience reading thousands of scientific articles over the last couple of decades.

Negative correlation is correlation. In non-scientific media, I’d agree with you but non-scientific media usually gets everything wrong.

11 Likes

I have clarified the headline. Pray I do not clarify it further.

32 Likes

26 Likes

Well, technically, the finding was that “penis dissatisfaction negatively correlates with gun ownership.” The contrapositive hypothesis wasn’t tested in this study.

holy grail GIF

12 Likes

Obligs!

11 Likes

I wonder where those guys who shot themselves in the dick for Facebook clicks fit into these findings.

8 Likes

Reviewer #2 wants a word with you :wink:

4 Likes

Hopefully Ruben Bolling‘s similar findings in 2006 stand the test of time!

15 Likes

It is a flawed study as it relies on men accurately self reporting information related to their own penises. You have to survey their ex-wives.

11 Likes

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes