Penn State to honor Joe Paterno, coach who covered up decades of child rape

Fuck him.

It’s too bad he died so soon after the truth came to light. He should have had to live knowing that more than just the victims he further victimized hated him.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s been around forever. Doesn’t seem new to me.

I’m pretty sure it’s just a way to try and get the statement into the passive-voice, or something approximating it.

For the sake of “balance” of course. Just like how many news outlets like to add in a “token skeptic” when they’re actively promoting shit like acupuncture or the new hot herbal supplement. Or like how they will pivot from the actual scientist studying global warming to ask the opinion of some lunkheaded conservative denialist to try and temper the facts and evidence with bullshit.

3 Likes

I’ll never understand the religion of football.

Normally I like to keep an artist’s work separate from their personality, but this man caused enormous harm to those under his care.

I don’t care if some actor is an unpleasant person, I will judge them by their work unless we meet in person. If that actor is revealed to be making the world a worse place in significant ways, well, fuck Bill Cosby!

10 Likes

Just no. In a fair world, Penn State would be closed down as a warning to other schools to get their shit together. The only legacy that Paterno deserves now, is being remembered as a co-conspirator and rape enabler.

4 Likes

Their football team definitely needs to be dissolved.

I know players and coaches on other teams get up to some shit, but I shudder to think that there could be something of this scale going on at another university.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.