Pennsylvania has a seriously racist digital billboard

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/27/pennsylvania-has-a-seriously-r.html

5 Likes

I really really hate that the shitweasels have been given a wink and nod to come out from hiding in my country.

66 Likes

Looks like that’s in front of a restaurant, if the awkward transition from full-on racism to “fish served every Friday in Lent” is any indication.

33 Likes

Does the video work for anyone? chrome on osX and it does nothing =/

4 Likes

Did you follow the link to the tweet? I block most external media on sites so clicking through to see video is nothing new to me.

5 Likes

I did… I don’t think I’ve gotten any video from twitter land to work lately =/

3 Likes

Are you blocking video.twimg.com, maybe in NoScript/uMatrix? You also need to allow api.twitter.com and abs.twimg.com.

4 Likes

My inner monologue: “please don’t be York, please don’t be York… phew, much further west.” Not that I’d be terribly surprised if this popped up in York.

4 Likes

Don’t you mean MacOS, old timer? ;~)

3 Likes

Looks like it made the local news!
The owner says he wants to “bring about unity” through “dialogue”. Oh, and that he’s a “patriot” who doesn’t care what race you are (as long as you don’t act black).

19 Likes

“I do care…how you stand for my flag, our flag.” Yeah, I’m sure this has nothing to do with race, John.

26 Likes

works fine… macOS 10.14.3 safari 12.0.3… but I could have done without watching it. awful.

3 Likes

And really, is there any better way than that horrible billboard? I’m sure if he had any other ways to “bring about unity” through “dialogue”, he would have tried them. /s

17 Likes

Racist billboards in Virginia too:

28 Likes

Seriously though; no sympathy given for the backlash he’s about to receive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his digital billboard ends up being damaged, somehow.

26 Likes

Fuck me, that just got worse and worse.
That is some indefensible shit right there.

22 Likes

Obviously it’s on private land. The owner is free to be as offensive as he wants. I’ll bet he goes all snowflake when mean people call him racist.

28 Likes

There is no way the man who put up this billboard didn’t know that it was offensive. I’m not in PA, but I live close to the boarder, and I’m sad that this is so close to me. But then again, I do have a bad habit of believing, like Anne Frank, that people are basically good at heart. Then people like this come along.

23 Likes

It appears to already be damaged, one section of the sign was definitely not working.

5 Likes

I’m hoping it is hacked by AntiFA or another left wing group.

25 Likes