Pennsylvania has a seriously racist digital billboard

Yeah, the “common decency” plug fell out…

17 Likes

It’s another IoS box, at least Bluetooth or wifi, and if this guy set it up the security is probably zip.

I wouldn’t suggest stepping on the property. (He’s probably waiting with a gun in a dummyblind for a “dialog” opportunity.) Fly a cheap drone around to its backside to look for a maker’s mark, and scan the Internet for the user manual and software. That’s probably all it would take to reprogram the message.

21 Likes

I first assumed that it was some After Effects made up video… Sadly not :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t you mean macOS? :wink:

4 Likes

This is the stuff that forces us to think hard about freedom of speech. Yes, he definitely has the right to put this up, disgusting as it is. No, the billboard shouldn’t be vandalized.

And yes, I hope a person or group will put up another billboard either before or after this one on the highway pointing out how the racist crap he’s spewing is all made-up, and contrary to actual facts.

1 Like

I think that you’ve both missed out the most important part…

… the tm.

5 Likes

I haven’t suggested anything.

I said I wouldn’t be surprised, and that I will have no sympathy.

Saint Babs has quite the wrath, and as many people have already pointed out, it would likely be very easy to disrupt the man’s hateful message board.

4 Likes

And I didn’t say that you did.

If someone takes the opportunity to vandalise this sign, I’m fine with that. But putting any effort into responding would just be giving a sad asshole what he wants (as is this publicity)

5 Likes

Fuck. That. News. Station. Don’t both sides some old racist.

19 Likes

PA is sometimes a blue state and sometimes a red state. Basically, each election it’s the Philadelphia area vs the entire rest of the state. And Philadelphia has about the same population as non-Philadelphia.

Western PA is definitely Santorum country.

7 Likes

Eww. It must get so sticky out there. And the smell…

16 Likes

Yeah they’re disgusting. Beneath the article was this poll:

Jussie Smollett’s criminal record has been wiped clean and records in the case were sealed, in exchange for Smollett doing some community service and forfeiting his $10,000 bond. Is this a fair trade?
O Yes, the community service and $10K bond is enough
O Not sure
O No, he still should serve jail time

2 Likes

As an unrepentant joker I really wanted to make a snarky comment about the fish special, but the rest of that digital ad is so unbelievable. Or would have been unbelievable prior to Trump taking office.

Pennsyltucky?

6 Likes

Obligs;

11 Likes

Traditionally, the role of the press was to present facts and news stories. It seems to me that’s what they’re doing here:

1. They showed the billboard’s undoubtedly racist messages and stated that the community saw it as racist.
  2. They talked to a local who explained exactly why it was racist.
  3. Then they let the owner have his say, on camera, in his own words.
  4. They followed up by letting the local say “yeah, no, this is wrong.”
8 Likes

I assume that there is also a second question, where they ask if you have beaten your partner today.

7 Likes

I’ve lived in the US for almost 30 years and have been to every state. The two places where I experienced the most overt racism (where a racist expressed racist views to me, a white guy, expecting I would agree) were western PA (Tarentum, outside Pittsburgh) and Topeka, KS.

And this kind of garbage is a direct result of the Fox News and other platforms legitimizing the “Irish were slaves too” and “nobody is as discriminated against as much as christian white men” bullshit.

14 Likes

“. . . black, Hispanic, I don’t care about that, I do care how you act.”

I agree. And he is acting like an ignorant racist.

17 Likes

I dont think it’s an act, yo.

17 Likes