Racist tirade filmed in grocery store

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/racist-tirade-filmed-in-grocer.html

10 Likes

We got an asshole on aisle 3!

tumblr_p40j6cWQcQ1vaqoiqo1_400

46 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt is a racist? That’s disappointing.

33 Likes

Amazing how quickly it went from Spanish to deportation to drug money.

FoxNews talking points.

63 Likes

Would her reaction be the same if they were speaking swedish?

53 Likes

She’d probably just assume it was Spanish.

43 Likes

Racists trying to find items at the grocery store if immigrants and the product of their labor instantly vanished…

GinaGIF

54 Likes

that cigarette tucked behind her ear is so classy too.

31 Likes

ironically enough we faced that here at my work An individual complained about someone speaking Spanish and said “this is an American work environment, we speak English here” and to be perfectly frank about it…this individual would have made a fuss regardless of the foreign language.

racism and nationalism definitely have an intersection point. And in this lovely example of dumbassness it is most definitely BOTH.

16 Likes

Lmao that’s exactly what I was going to say. You would think Titus (best character ever?) had taught her better.

9 Likes

That person should not get away with having her face blurred out.

31 Likes

There’s a Spanish-speaking custodian at my office building who doesn’t speak English well. We figured out that we ride the same bus to work, so now every morning I get free Spanish lessons, and he gets free English lessons. Cool guy, and now I’m pseudo-bilingual. Woot!

72 Likes

In all fairness, Abington, PA is practically Eastern Ohio.

(And, yes, technically, Abington is on the eastern edge of Pennsylvania, bordering New Jersey: all of Pennsylvania is practically Eastern Ohio.)

Had its genesis? I take it the writer of the original report was bored.

Beautiful @beschizza :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

Thx for sharing your story. We’ve gone out of our way to help immigrants (even some right-wingers who overstayed their visas, but are now strident anti-immigrant [cough poor brown people cough] who knew at the time they’d turn out to be aholes?).

Just to be clear, we’re ALL immigrants on this continent. Just cuz your forefathers and mothers got here one gen earlier than the next bunch don’t mean squat. Don’t be mean.

One of my favorite book series is by Terry Dowling, it posits a future where wild mind and magical AI techno fusion weirdness rules and the masters of this universe are the Australian aboriginal peoples. Inverts the power dynamic and social aspects adds aliens and slightly Jack Vance-in baroqueness to the mix. Tom Tyson (aka Tom Rynosseros)

7 Likes

:thinking:

Don’t you mean Eastern?

3 Likes

She’d probably undergo a massive freakout if they spoke Welsh.

10 Likes

We’re all immigrants on all continents except Africa.

9 Likes

I’ll have what you’re smoking.

1. Abington is in Eastern PA, just north of Philly.
  2. Ohio is West of Pennsylvania.
  3. East Ohio is about as different from Western Pennsylvania as you can get. The highway tolls you pay to leave PA are so that Pittsburgh residents can reconsider their decision to enter Eastern Ohio, and the (last time I checked) higher tolls to enter PA are so that Eastern Ohioans need to decide between staying home (where the meth is) or driving into the city, wondering why everyone hates them, and then leaving in a huff.
5 Likes

“I’m paying with cash, legal money.”

I’m honestly really impressed that “food stamps” never came up. The restraint exhibited by this white lady in being laser-focused on racist xenophobia without venturing into racist classism is truly commendable and leaves me feeling a bit more optimistic about our country’s future. /s

19 Likes