Racist tirade filmed in grocery store

Oh, teh irony!

3 Likes

fucking racists are everywhere, and now thanks to trump they believe they can air their hate.

24 Likes

It’s a republican dream come true. Political/social correctness, niceties, being a decent person are all just liberal ideas used to control people blah blah blah ◔_◔

15 Likes

Spanish isn’t even a “foreign language.” It’s the primary language of many native-born American citizens in Puerto Rico and elsewhere.

19 Likes

Goes well with the stick tucked up her ass.

20 Likes

I haven’t seen a racist tirade in a grocery store since the last time I saw a racist tirade in a grocery store.

18 Likes

Well, come to think of it - Spanish was the ‘original’ European immigrant language spoken in the western hemisphere (other than a brief incidence of Norse…), so the Puerto Ricans were within their rights to tell the newcomer to go home…

12 Likes

honest question. how many white people are closet racists? I just don’t know any more. I’m not trying to be provocative…but these last few years have had me second guessing myself.

I was born and grew up here (parents migrated from India in '69). I never really felt much racism generally, at least that I caught on to. some of the kids growing up (we lived in NJ, Long Island and Buffalo) called me the N word and things like that, but we were all kids and none of us really knew (or felt) any true animus. both kids brush it off and you play together after. most people I knew and saw were white…I was the only non-white kid in my school…but it was never something I felt, y’know? it just was what it was.

as I grew up (we had moved to LA around high school time) I felt better being around a larger mix of kids in my school district (a lot of Asians) …kind of like I saw what I was missing…and not everyone in the world is or needs to be white…I wasn’t so off after all…so I sort of felt more comfortable seeing some people more like me, and I still didn’t feel alot of racism, though yes I would get the usual “where are you from…originally…etc…” Not a big deal overall.

same for my college period in San Francisco, and law school period in NY…but in NY as a man in my 20’s I started to occasionally run into white guys who would question me in ways I wasn’t expecting (strangers on the street or in the train or in casual encounters) that went beyond the friendly and were more questioning my ‘otherness’ and were prejudging me…it wasn’t a big deal and it wasn’t super frequent…and I felt if I ran in other circles, perhaps I’d hear more of this talk…so I mostly kept (and keep) out of circles where I feel people may not be super educated or cosmopolitan…

…but those interactions and questions have kind of gotten more and more frequent as I’ve aged. and my unease has grown. I generally don’t have any issues, and I actively avoid situations and people who (perhaps rightly, perhaps wrongly) I pre-judge as potentially trouble. like I don’t frequent alot of local dive bars in certain neighborhoods in Long Island…and now, after the Trump elections and the prior Tea Party invading the growing social media barrage…I haven’t been able to sequester and distance myself as much…you start to second guess yourself alot.

And so I am now super curious of how many white people are at least slightly racist (yes, anyone can be racist…but so far they are the majority) who are hiding it or staying quiet. I had firmly thought, based on my perceptions growing up, this was a small and diminishing percentage, that this was a problem from another century that was slowly fading away…but I think I am starting to think perhaps it might be a lot bigger percentage than I had thought, and that people are just hiding it (or ignoring it where they have to…like at work). I almost (and I’m ashamed to admit this) feel like it might be the overall majority. I hope I’m wrong.

10 Likes

I know it’s a contentious issue, but imagine the bigots’ heads exploding if Puerto Rico became the 51st state. It’s not likely to happen though, since there are a lot of people there who would prefer either the status quo or full independence.

7 Likes

A lot. I grew up in Indiana. There were no black people in my town or high school, and few people of color of any kind. We were close to Gary and racist slurs were common, including in my home.

I don’t imagine people there have changed that much, and my hometown is fairly representative of middle America. They might keep more of this to themselves, but some of it is still there.

8 Likes

By cutting racist clowns off from their local super market food supply, one could effectively starve them out. Oldest trick in the political playbook. More avocados for all of us. Brain food!

1 Like

Knocking on wood (well my chipboard desk) right now that I never will. For whatever reason, I haven’t yet.

I have a relative who has an interesting variation of we-should-all-speak-English. She believes that everyone in a country should speak the same language. She doesn’t care what that is, it should just be the same everywhere. I hadn’t considered that argument before and suffered some slight cognitive dissonance when I first heard it until I decided that was stupid.

1 Like

makes sense. you only learn new ways from experiencing new things. I’d expect the same for food or cultures etc. etc.

I wonder how much the increasing visibility of non-white people in the media is affecting this. like do they like Aziz Ansari in Indiana?

1 Like

I haven’t lived there for at least 30 years. But my guess is they may like him fine, but many of them wouldn’t have him over for dinner.

4 Likes

I think this expert on white folks answers a lot of your questions.

I’d say that white people should accept that they can’t help but act and think in some racist ways, and that one thing they should do is work to counter those inculcated tendencies in themselves.

16 Likes

lol. well that works in a way. as long as my ability to earn and thrive is (mostly) not constrained, I guess I’m not affected and can live content in my own bubbles and others can live in theirs. as long as I don’t date their daughter I’m guessing…we’re cool.

““You don’t belong here, you came here illegally. You should be deported…I hope Trump deports you,” before calling her a “b*tch” using a Spanish slur.” Wait a second - the ranting woman knows Spanish? Then she must be an illegal immigrant herself! That’s the only possible explanation.

9 Likes

Are immigrants from Spain (you know, in Europe) OK, or is it just the ones from south of the border that are “illegal”?

What about people speaking Portuguese, would a typical Trumplidite even know what language it is (sometimes Portuguese sounds kinda Slavic) and would they even be able to tell if it was a Brazilian accent, or from Lisbon?

2 Likes

kimmy-schmidt-white-nonsense-was

14 Likes

The true crime here is the sloppy face blurring and the insane DTMF sound used for the bleep.

1 Like