Pennsylvania school district superintendent gets "staggering" $630,000 severance package after abruptly quitting

the previous board was just voted out because of bigoted policies he and that board supported.

so i’d suspect there are plenty of illegal meetings, and dirty laundry he could have aired out if he’d been forced to. and note , beyond the money, the agreement also stops the incoming board from suing him.

they’re basically protecting him, and themselves, while also hamstringing the incoming board

2 Likes

Depends on what the contract says. Next question is who negotiated that contract…

2 Likes

It was the outgoing school board after they saw the results from the primaries. They knew they were out, and tried to install him as a figure head after their exit with his new inflated contract. This is my kids school district. Dana Hunter is a far right nut and has been for years. This board was elected as a counter to masking initiatives, but it turned our tolerant area into a national joke for their hate. I was very happy to vote for Gibson (even though in my direct area she hardly needed the vote). We will see if he sees this payment as the incoming board has already instructed them not to sign any checks at this point. This is the same board that paid 1+ million dollars to have an outside firm come in to rubber stamp that their policies did not hurt LGBTQ+ children.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.