Penske truck lands on the roof of a house in freak accident

Why does the dashcam guy appear to be buttoning up his pants as he walks toward the totally strange scene?

6 Likes

Life is lonely on the road.

10 Likes

I have seen a trailer truck do exactly that once in '91 on the Nimitz freeway between Emeryville and Oakland. Can find it totally believable, and probably not that freak.

(Minus the landing on a roof, in this case the trailer went vertical and then toppled to the side back down to the road.)

3 Likes

Reminds me of when they altered the roadway of highway 400 east of Calvary cemetery in Wichita, KS (with a wall, even) because the house at the bend was ultra-prone to truck impacts.
It’s all major highway now, but at the time, the owners must have regretted living there.

2 Likes

That time you didn’t get the insurance on a rental. :cry:

7 Likes

“You know how hard it is to find a parking place round here? I figured I’d just put it on the roof. I can always move it if anyone complains.”

2 Likes

Are we sure this is what’s happening here? Maybe there’s a piano on the second floor of that house they want removed.

2 Likes

For me the most surprising thing was that there was no audible reaction from the driver. No “oh shit”, or even an “oh, my”.

1 Like

Buff%20Out%2C%20Buff%20Right%20Out%2C%20Yoda%2C%20Star%20Wars

7 Likes

Were the bystanders moving slowly to give the impression of slow-motion?

Quite a graceful landing

Is it confirmed that’s a Penske rental? Looks to me like it Hertz.

4 Likes

I downloaded this the other day, almost entirely for the name alone. Not played it yet but it looks insane.

1 Like

Hollywood CG folks should be taking notes. This opens up a whole new set of plausible truck stunts if this goes viral.

At 0:28, there’s a two-frame flash of white in the sky above the powerlines. Is that just a compression artifact or a glint of light?

Would it kill you to pull over instead of just leaving your car in the middle of the road before getting out?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.