People Are The Fucking Worst

ICE didn’t confirm his status publicly yet, the only one that says they did was a Fox affiliate and they broadcast it. I’ll need a few weeks to believe them as a primary source after the Seth Rich debacle, especially from Fox’s team near DC. He probably is undocumented, but I doubt he is an MS-13 member. Most of their murders are gang vs. gang (famously), and while they operate in individual cells like a modern terror organization they still have a set language through body art and his mug shot lacks in that.

I did notice his lack of visible gang ink.
These folks also lack the ink-

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/manassas/ms-13-gang-members-arrested-in-manassas-murder/52602660

Well, they did so, publicly, around when they had made one arrest.

They did not add that it was some other unspecified cause, just a very quick NOT THAT with a jobsworth delivery. Quelle surprise Virginia. The world moves on, but that delivery was not good community relations.

3 Likes

I suspect that authorities in many places prefer to deny that hate crimes or terrorism are happening in their jurisdiction, because admitting so indicates a failure on their part.

4 Likes

WTF? What is wrong with these people?

5 Likes

But it’s not a hate crime. Clearly, just a case of dupont circle road rage.

4 Likes

Racism and sexism.

4 Likes

You’re on a roll tonight. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The emperors new clothes look fantastic, don’t you think?

I believe that if you’re the last one to notice you’ve failed, then you’re not a public servant anymore.

I dunno man, admitting failure is a pretty key leadership skill, at least if a successful reality based thing is on your agenda.

protect and serve, yes. but the people or ones own ego… .that is surprisingly often the question.

I want a generation of humble LEOs.

2 Likes

The wine helped!

4 Likes

A friend that worked out there said that the average amount of time it takes a new car to get in to an accident is 3 years.

Which doesn’t seem too bad, but that is every. Single. Car. On. The. Road.

1 Like

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-d053-Posh-locals-show-contempt-for-survivors-of-Grenfell-fire

Some residents had complained that moving families who had lost everything in the fire into the block next to theirs was “unfair” on the spurious grounds that the Grenfell survivors would not pay service charges.

One woman, who asked to remain anonymous, had said: “We paid a lot of money to live here and we worked hard for it. Now these people are going to come along and they won’t even be paying the service charge.”

A man who lives in the luxury development, which boasts a swimming pool, gym and cinema that the survivors are likely to be excluded from using, had said: "I’m very sad that people have lost their homes.

"But there are a lot of people here who have bought flats and will now see the values drop.

7 Likes

Christ, what assholes.

8 Likes

So, the story now is that Ms. Hassanen’s assailant was a member of MS13, and had attacked another person the week before. http://wjla.com/news/local/report-suspect-in-teen-murder-near-va-mosque-is-in-ms-13-attacked-woman-week-before

[quote]Fairfax County Police say they have not found any evidence pointing to a hate crime or information linking Torres to a gang.[/quote]I’m not sure why this continues to be a pattern.

1 Like

Can attacking women be considered a hate crime? If the other is true, then that seems to be the pattern.

1 Like

I saw this poking around news sites today:

The police also released a statement that this incident where a man from a different state showed up to a planned vigil in VA and set it on fire was not motivated by any bias.

2 Likes

Or not motivated by hate, either, I’m sure. After all, Virginia is for lovers, right? /s

3 Likes

It is indeed! But, that’s for another thread.

4 Likes