People are using Magic Erasers to whiten their teeth

Originally published at: People are using Magic Erasers to whiten their teeth | Boing Boing

6 Likes

lemme guess: the idea came from TikTok. there’s a lot of funny stuff there, but OMG there is also a LOT of really, really bad and dumb advice there.

6 Likes

Using melamine orally…what could go wrong?

16 Likes

16 Likes

But, it works on dentures, I do it. Beats taking them to the dentist for cleaning when you can DIY it at home, helps to have a Dremel tool as well.

7 Likes

Isn’t it immediately obvious that it can only clean by abrading? Something you do NOT want to do to teeth!

a vicious cycle.

Is that how they say ‘vicious circle’ in the Bronx, perchance? :wink:

(I mean, I know it actually works and still makes sense, but I’ve never heard or read it as a vicious cycle before, only as a vicious circle.)

3 Likes

We kind of use both versions interchangeably in my circles. Which are fortunately not vicious.

7 Likes

Ohhh, this must be why Chinese folks were buying up formula in other countries (especially Australia), to the point where stores had to put limits on how many containers you could buy per day. Mom’s on the Formula Feeders facebook group were having a lot of trouble finding their formula on the shelves. I knew they were buying it up to send back to China but I didn’t know why.

5 Likes

You know those dentures don’t grow back, right?

6 Likes

'Melamine’ sounds like some sort of dietary supplement sold at GNC.

1 Like

So, we’ve gone from drinking detergent and putting a light inside your body to stop COVID is a stupid idea to this medical decision being an okay one?

1 Like

Viscious Cycles…

2 Likes

A typo - but nearly a good typo: viscous - those guys are oily!

1 Like

Google ngrams says “cycle” is not much rarer than “circle” in British English. (My OED doesn’t have it, but both Cambridge and Collins dictionaries seem to think it is OK.)

I prefer vicious Circe.

1 Like

This one or this one?

Certainly there is some vicious psyche in there. :wink:

1 Like

The first one. The other is just a fictional character.

In Plutarch’s telling, the Greeks who had their manhood magically erased and became swine tell Odysseus that they prefer their new form, so maybe she was not so vicious after all.

1 Like

Ha, fun stuff!! But holy carp, that must’ve taken forever to make! That’s a lot of patient people. :flushed:

2 Likes

Amateurs

4 Likes

Lucille Ball Reaction GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.