People believe they will be healed by gazing at a video feed of this guy's face

I didn’t even have to look. Knowing it’s medical fraud is enough.

1 Like

I’ve read about that phenomenon. I’ve also read a study that shows that people will start to hallucinate if you make them stare directly at themselves in a mirror long enough. The most likely explanation is sensory deprivation. At least that’s the hypothesis I agree with.

3 Likes

Cured my priapism!

I finally know what to do when sexy @funruly creeps into my thoughts…

10 Likes
Now why should crenquis have fainted? 

But he did, and right across my path by the wall, 
so that I had to creep over him every time!

creep. creep. creep.
4 Likes

As a member of the fraction of the population sensitive to ASMR (that weird pleasurable/relaxing feeling that’s been freaking some folks out), I can totally believe that guy accidentally stumbling on causing the effect.

Nothing worth worshipping or charging about, of course. Just head over to https://www.reddit.com/r/asmr

2 Likes

I can’t look at his eyes because I keep staring at his hair cut…

2 Likes

“… My time… is your time…”

3 Likes

My dad used to do this. Except, he’d slowly count to ten and when he got to about 7 or 8 he’d yell the rest of the numbers at you really fast.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Who is that? I’m not sure she’s my type! :wink:

1 Like

OMG! She’s the artist Marina Abramovic. She did an installation at the MOMA in 2013 where she sat at a table and stared at people until the people were done. She was there for… I think it was a month…

They had a camera going the whole time, so you could watch in real time. All sorts of people came, including her ex who she hadn’t seen in ages that she used to work with:

She’s even made an appearance in some laurie anderson songs… on The Ugly Ones with the Jewels…

9 Likes

Thank you so much. I feel like an idiot that I didn’t recognize her. She looked vaguely familiar, but I just couldn’t figure it out.

And I was just at MoMA a week ago!

2 Likes

Didn’t someone threaten to set her on fire or something?

my technique has no sounds, no gestures, just the calm focus of one pair of eyes into another. i like it because it doesn’t have any of the aspects of fear or control that most methods have.

1 Like

Marina Abramovic? I hadn’t heard that… I know she got into a public fight with Jay-Z, but that was cleared up, and I doubt he’d threaten her over something like that…

I mean at one of her performances.

Or another lady doing something similar.

Let me go find it.

ETA

Gahhh! Cant find nuffink. I’ll keep looking though, it was intense. And there can’t be too many, just sitting arts out there.

A lady sits in a chair (but not at a desk I don’t think) and either does not engage with the audience, or only engages with one at a time whilst they are sitting in an opposite chair. One particularly committed fellow decides to pour petrol or maybe alcohol on or around the artist and threatens to set fire to her. But does not.

2 Likes

I tried this technique with a video feed of Herman Cain and I’m pretty sure it gave me heart disease.

9 Likes

I don’t know if that was Abramovic. I’m sure the MOMA installation was probably very high security/tightly controlled, since it was in one of the most famous museums in the world. I know there was one guy who kept coming back to the thing and it got a bit creepy. I think someone had a tumblr of him? He kept crying. It wasn’t James Franco, either.

I bet that might have been someone else, cause she can’t have had the first idea to do something like this.

2 Likes

In my family we wait until someone says “I have the hiccups”, then we reply “no, you don’t”. It works about 80% of the time.

1 Like

Sexy @funruly
Sexy @funruly
Sexy @funruly

HOLY FUUUCCCK

6 Likes