People on the US-Mexico border use $5 ladders to go over Trump's $15 billion wall

One point missed when the WALL comes up, the base is very loose sand, a little excavating along a stretch will weaken it, and with a few hearty souls, and a rope tied to it, you can pull it down, it’s extremely top heavy, use it’s poor engineering against it.

A side note: I’ve been up close to it, it’s poorly constructed. The video/images you see on the news are not what it looks like out in the wilds.

11 Likes

Given that the landscape has been dynamited and bulldozed to build this monument to stupidity, full restoration may be impossible. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.

3 Likes

I’ve lived in Tijuana for 6 years now, and I can tell you that the Mexican people are experienced at improvisation. Scrap wood from building projects or other sources is easy to find.

10 Likes

He’s really more of an “escalator” guy.

9 Likes

Indeed, if they’re good with knots then a rope is all they’d need.

rope-ladder

10 Likes

I guess that is a good point too. I was thinking of $5 value but maybe it is $5 of cost. They would spend $5 on nails or something and just use scrap.

3 Likes

Non-flammable materials that aren’t asbestos? Win!

4 Likes

It’s because they cheaped out and didn’t go for the boiling oil option.

1 Like

Dang Brother, I did not know you live in TJ? Before we settled on Joshua Tree as a retirement local, we were in Rosarito every month hunting for places for two years. But when Wife’s Mom came back to Cali. we pow wowed with the family and had to look state side. I have lots of friends spread out over Baja, and one that lives in La Playa, he’s a beach bum.

6 Likes

Ah, so 27 million/mile works out to $5113/foot, which works out to $426/inch.

Not a boondoggle or grift festival here, nosirree!

4 Likes

I’m going to have a second bedroom in a newly-built apartment soon. Ya’ll Papasans are welcome anytime!

7 Likes

Gracias mi Amigo! Wish I was there to help with the work. We are down in SD once a month to check on Mom, she is still very independent at 84, and driving a little, but we need to keep an eye on her. The offer goes for your family as well, we have a huge hacienda.

Papasan

7 Likes

And stealth tech has yet to be designed into these 5 buck babies!!

1 Like

Not that you couldn’t just pull the ladder over as well and climb down it as others have noted, but barring that, maybe cadet BoneSpurs can’t conceive of someone just jumping down to relatively soft dirt or sand…

2 Likes

Or just recycling it for the cash…

3 Likes

a reminder

4 Likes

You always have the best ideas. Business opportunity!

3 Likes

It’s a thing! Every place I’ve lived in So. Cal. has had a cadre of enterprising Mexican guys in old pick up trucks that will recycle pretty much everything. From old pallets to old appliances to mattresses, to anything made of metal. I’m not exactly sure how it can be done at a profit, but the day before trash day I always see at least a few crews cruising curbs for recyclables. I expect that it’s no different in Mexico itself.

(and if you can make a few bucks tearing down part of that pinche pendejo’s wall… well that’s just got to bring a reward even greater than the cash from the recycler)

7 Likes

Man, did not see that coming.

3 Likes

Scrap wood, nailed together. The article has pics. They remind readers that these are only 1 use, so don’t need to be of great quality.