Pepsi launching sleep aid soda

For me, Zzzquil works. Also sleepytime tea.

This really is a year of dystopian nightmares.

1 Like

Not basically immune to caffeine, you mean?

3 Likes

aha! now i understand that show…

‘No, mom, I’m not on drugs, I’m okay
I was just thinking you know, why don’t you get me a Pepsi’

7 Likes

As they say: “All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects.”

(The “they” in both my quotes is Huxley, of course.)

I mean, really they should put magnesium in it too. Like CALM (link below) which works really great.

*I’m not schilling it and that’s not an affiliate link or anything. It really is great. We are all low on magnesium all the time and to have enough of it has a great stress/anxiety reducing effect.

https://naturalcalm.ca/product/natural-calm-magnesium-citrate-powder/

Valerian has worked for me… although I’d really need to be motivated; unpleasant taste.

3 Likes

Melatonin works wonder for me. My MD uses it also. She recommended it.

2 Likes

Drank

These guys were at it over a decade ago, actually tasted good too!

2 Likes

Beat me to it.

1 Like

1 Like

Hmmm, I will try it, if I can find some. Thanks.

I’ve been using a few drops of valerian extract in hot water. The taste & smell are milder than tea & there’s no steeping. Valerian is the plant that gives us valium; really works for me as a sleep aid.

2 Likes

Testify, my Bruthah/Sistah!!

Too soon.

“We have safety in clinical data to know that it works

These are two separate things.
This statement statement seems to demonstrate that the speaker
knows little about safety data or clinical efficacy.

1 Like

It appears that they do, actually, though not a lot— “Driftwell also contains 10% of the recommended daily value of magnesium.” (quoting the CNBC article that Rob links to)

In contrast, Natural Calm’s “Recommended Dose: 2 teaspoons (5 grams) provides 100% of the daily requirement of magnesium for most men and women.” (quoting the Natural Calm product info that you link to)

1 Like

I already have a sleep aid with Pepsi. It’s called rum

3 Likes

I remember Marley’s Mellow also popping up just around the same time as Drank when energy drinks were really starting to take off.

2 Likes

I had heard this “name” used elsewhere.

1 Like

Rose hips and L-theanine over codeine and promethazine any day! Well, any day that I need to live to the day after. I think their whole angle was to turn it positive and away from the street version, I weirdly worked at a PR firm that was representing them a long time ago and their events went well and were almost universally positive. I pilfered 4 cans when I got laid off of that job, which was good because it was getting tough to find at retail or online.

2 Likes