Reminder: don't put balls of tea-leaves in your vagina

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Late stage capitalism.

(Damn, I can’t help it! It totally works!)

33 Likes

I’ll pass that sage advice on to the Women Folk hereabouts.

5 Likes

Well, they don’t actually sell balls of tea-leaves, but hey, whatever.

1 Like

Are you objecting to the application of the term “tea” to dry plant matter that hasn’t been infused / steeped?

1 Like

“I’m not a doctor but I play one on TV.”

5 Likes

Only certain things should go in vaginas. Tea leaves ain’t one of them!

3 Likes

Yes, anyone silly enough to buy and use these probably would have to seek a doctor’s assistance afterwards. To remove them, if nothing else.

1 Like

I’m aware that hot water infused with any kind of dry plant matter (roots, sticks, berries) is commonly known as “tea”, and that the bags for doing so are known as “teabags” no matter what’s inside, even though the correct term is “tisane”.

But “tea leaves” are a specific thing: leaves from the tea plant. They don’t sell balls of tea leaves.

8 Likes

Survival kit contents check. In them you’ll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days’ concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings; three vaginal tea balls. Shoot, a gal could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

32 Likes

I hope “issue” in this sense means, “a bunch of”.

4 Likes

Speaking of “issue”, unless you want to see various chunks of bloody matter that have been expelled from vaginas, I urge you to not visit their website. shudder

6 Likes

Advice: taken

8 Likes

I needed to know this about 36 hours ago. Along with some other things. Well, one other thing, actually, one other really…important…thing.

1 Like

what are these “tea leaves” you are speaking about?

The headline clearly says “tea-leaves” and there is a vital difference: tea-leaves is a colloquialism for any old dried herb, tea leaves is obviously just leaves from the one and only true tea plant, as you noted. :wink:

2 Likes

No rush. Take your thyme.

20 Likes

n-dash, my old nemesis!

3 Likes

I love these, they clear out my toxins after a weekend of drunk-but-not-drinking!

2 Likes

and now here I am craving an orange pekoe

1 Like

WTF are they supposed to be “detoxing”?

Vaginas are generally pretty self sufficient.

10 Likes