PETA frees animal crackers from their cages

String eliminated do to some bullshit about it being a choking hazard, or so they claim. I suspect it had more to do with maintaining the machine(s) that has to slit the cardboard and insert the string. Big savings in just pitching those and changing the die for the box cut to include a handle.

I noticed a couple weeks ago (when we bought a few boxes for old times sake) that they seem to have replaced their moulds/stamps for the cookies at some point. What passes for cookie animals now is fairly amorphous and only yields a distinctly recognizable animal about half of the time. When it does, the animals all have this vague Sloth (Goonies Sloth, not animal Sloth) air to them… as if Dali had been involved in commissioning the production machines. I think they changed the ingredients (or ingredient quality) or the recipe or something, as now the cookie rise is very uneven (accounting for at least some of the distortion).

In short, another fond memory from our collective childhood is best left to memory… what they’re cranking out now is not the same. :frowning:

5 Likes

DonSpawn

(The pic on the left has been shooped. Umm, squints, yeah, the left.)

4 Likes

Refer to @RickMycroft 's photo above…

2 Likes

Trivial, but not embarrassing.

Nice work, PETA.

(No, really.)

2 Likes

This is just a good idea no matter where it came from.

1 Like

Came for this, not leaving disappointed. Thank you.

3 Likes

Along with the circus train motif, I think the circus connection is also strongly implied by the name of the product: Barnum’s Animals, as in P.T. Barnum.

2 Likes

and yet children are still eating symbolic animals that are held captive by the box…

This is beyond first world problems. This is first world trust fund baby problems.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.