Pete Buttigieg tells people who blame "the door" to STFU

Most school buildings in the US would be extremely hard for an arsonist to burn down, especially in the middle of the school day.

Top-down legislation on fire codes makes things safer. Almost seems communist.

9 Likes

I’m honestly not sure how having a single choke-point that everyone needs to go through to get in or out is supposed to stop a mass shooter from killing a couple dozen students, either.

10 Likes

Plus, pop the good guy with a gun (who can’t be alert and ready 100% of the time) and there’s nowhere to run.

2 Likes

The ballistic blanket and tactical book bag industries are using up all the noshootyite

4 Likes

Timmy, why are you hunched over?

2 Likes

must wrap all the kids in kevlar every morning

41hpUl3-nLL.AC_SY580

6 Likes

School uniforms are back in style. Say hello to your new school uniform:

7 Likes

6 Likes

It’s like a sick take on that scene from A Christmas Story.

“They won’t put their arms down!”

3 Likes

Never saw that, was it any good?

1 Like

It’s a seasonal classic in our fam. This is the scene I was talking about:

3 Likes

The atlas1) I had to lug around in my satchel2) since primary school would probably have met all the specifications.

1) Diercke Schulatlas. The big brown one.

2) Step one: Design a satchel for little kids that is ultra lightweight, ergonomic and highly visible. Step two: load said satchel with books amounting to 80% of said kid’s body weight. Step three: Some forty years later, appreciate the irony. Maybe.

3 Likes

while totally besides the point, i can’t help notice how

#DoorControl

sidesteps the even more ridiculous tag of #doorgate

honestly, im surprised the gop isn’t proposing to get rid of the doors all together. if we just make schools a single brick cube: no shooters, yes. plus! we can keep the school police force - someone must protect the cube after all - while defunding the teachers. ( goodbye indoctrination /s )

there’d really be no downside in their book

2 Likes

And if they privatize it all, I’m sure that further efficiencies can be found, eliminating the cost of teachers, books, etc.

3 Likes

Let’s just take this to its logical conclusion:

8 Likes

But in countries with strict gun control laws people live under the thumb of a totalitarian nightmare regime.

Australia for example.

/s

7 Likes

Triangle Shirtwaist Fire => Doors

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.